October 23, 2017, 04:35:44 PM

Author Topic: Scents  (Read 1368 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Scents
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »
I think I'll be different this year and hunt nude!

I'll just roll around in the dirt and rub up against a tree. Think it'll work?

:D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idiot2
Might work if you wear a lioncloth and hunt with spear, club. or bow. Might not be a good idea in Central Park, though.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 06:43:10 PM »
I wash my clothes in it or maybe soak my camo and stuff in a bucket of water and then for the next day hang them in the woods to dry (make sure it's not raining  O0) and sometimes I use a lure that I make by cooking the following ingredients

1 cup can corn minus the corn
1 can peas minus the peas
1 can )using the cans from the veggies) apple juice
a good amount maybe 2 tbs of worcestershire and soy sauce
and 4-5 good size globs of peanut butter
cook stiring almost constantly until it comes to a boil and until completaly liquid put it in a spray bottle and spray that around your stand and from the stand it should bring deers in from a far ways away. O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »
Have used everything from scent away, and buck/doe urine, and spent $$ trying to stay scent free, but not this year.... I'm going back to just the scent away shower soap, and baking soda...no more deer attractants for me this year, I dont think they actually help...so I'm going back to bare minimums....just my own experiment....Morax if  your reading this you may have to carry us through this years deer contest....... :)
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 12:48:28 AM »
Ive been doing that for years now. Its been a waste of money buying all the fancy stuff they been sellen. Wash my cloths in baking powder and if I feel up to it, make my own cover scent out of cedar, hickory nuts, acorns, or persimons.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
The best cover scent I have ever used was a natural skunk scent sold by a local sporting goods store.
Edited to add, a fella could drag a dead skunk around with him, or have a pet skunk for a hunting partner.  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:23:31 AM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
Skunk works!

But you have to be careful!

I bought some years ago and put it out from my stand BUT kept the bottle in my pocket. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

CLOTHES GONE NOW!! :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2

I live near a game farm and they sell deer pee and scent's they collect from the deer there. I've always liked their stuff, and bought it for years, but sometimes I wonder if it's MORE me thinking it work's than it actually does?????

The wind blows like crazy, they're houses and barns and cars and trucks and people all over the places I go and sometimes I think the deer get used to us more than we want to admit.

When I was still a kid, and before all the scent stuff was BIG BUSINESS, I had an older hunter show me a way that I still think's works best.

Wash your clothes in Baking Soda, dry them on a line outside and then put them in a garbage bag full of pine needles and pine cones and whatever else you have in your hunting area.

After all I doubt if the Cherokee or Creek Indians washed their clothes in Scent Killer!
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
Sure didn't! Some of them did the long steam in the hut and not eating meat before-hand traditional thing.

I think campfire smoke did a lot for cover-up on what few clothes they wore on the hunts.

Indian hunts played on the wind direction a great deal. So did their decoy disguises, as well.

A large percent of their game was acutally wasted when they drove herds off cliffs. Indians are mistakingly given credit for not wasting anything. That actually only depended on how much game was killed on a hunt. 

Facebook Comments