November 18, 2017, 12:35:46 PM

Author Topic: Don't Want No Stinken bear anyway  (Read 4130 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Don't Want No Stinken bear anyway
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »
Well I gave it one more try.
Went bear hunting AGAIN and the out come was the same no bear skin for me.With the general season here I'll be hunting antelope and deer and elk.The weather is looking dad and thats great for ducks and Geese so I'll have to work in some of that too, Not to mention Pheasants.
 Any way back to the last bear hunt.This time we wanted to try a later in the day hunt . We left at 10:00 am headed to the mountains The wind was out of the west at like 800 mph but we herded the suburban up over the pass.

As we got closer we could see what we were in for.

SNOW and lots of it. I started to wonder if I had enough winter gear onbourd,Coveralls,gloves,shovel ,Chains...

The snow plows where one after an other working like mad, but the high way was good but we had reservations about the logging roads we had to run.

But low and behold when we got to our spot the snow had stopped and went away, all but a skiff,Great.
  We weren't 20 yards from the truck walking in to our blind we set up last trip and we Jumped a GREAT looking bear.It was Jet black and looked to be 5 1/2 foot +. I dropped all my stuff whipped out my sticks,which slowed me down a second or two and I would not have had to do. It was only 35 yards away and broad side to my with out a clue we where there. I took off the safe put the cross one its shoulder and took a good breath. I was thinking; this is going to be great a 5 minuet carry back to the truck, MY this will look great on my den wall, all this work and it's going to be this easy... RIGHT!! I'm ready to fire and out of the corner of my eye I see some movement,as I did I here my boy  CUB!!!! YUP sure as heck a little chocolate cub comes scampering up from behind HER. Crap!!
HO well, we let her go on here way and we went in to our area. As we set in the blind we saw a bold eagle hunting,many crows,and as evening came the deer started to come out for a drink but no bear.

It got darker and COLDER, I was glad we brought the cover alls and the heater. We set there till it was dark, nothing, not'a,Zilch.Back to the truck we went and the drive home was an event of it's own but we arrived home a little before midnight. Well it looks like the bear will have to be an opportunity thing now,Good I don't want no stinken bear any way.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Don't Want No Stinken bear anyway
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »
Dane it D! Least you got some good pics! O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »
I was thinking; this is going to be great a 5 minuet carry back to the truck, MY this will look great on my den wall, all this work and it's going to be this easy... RIGHT!!

You jinxed yourself. ;D  You know as well as I do that if you weren't thinking that, it would have been a big male.  As it was, you started thinking that and the bear automatically changed sex & a cub appeared. O0 ;D ;D

Then again, it's probably a good thing that you did get your shooting sticks out. O0  That extra second or two probably saved that bear's life.

Looks like you're just going to have to take your frustrations out on the hooved critters. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:58:59 PM »
That cub would've made a nice parka. :twisted:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »

Nah, probably wouldn't have been big enough.  It would have made a really comfy set of fur-lined underwear though. O0 :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:00:05 AM »
Nah, probably wouldn't have been big enough.  It would have made a really comfy set of fur-lined underwear though. O0 :twisted:
Just what nOn needed to know BC! :knuppel2 Now he will be wanten his a$$less chaps back from bo! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:57:39 PM »
Just what nOn needed to know BC! :knuppel2 Now he will be wanten his a$$less chaps back from bo! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Several years ago for Christmas I had gotten my step-dad a bunch of different hides and furs from different critters.  He was wanting stuff like that for the cabin that we've got on the lake down there.  So anyway, one of the hides that I got him was a muskrat.  I gave him that thing early (we had been talking about the muskrats).  He just kept rubbing the hair on it and kept commenting on how soft it was. ;D  He finally said that if he had enough muskrat hides he'd like to have a set of underwear made out of them, with the fur on the inside. ;D ;D ;D

Well, you know me..... :twisted:  I got enough hides to make him a set of underwear and set to work making them.  ;D ;D ;D  I doubt that he ever wore them though. :roll:  My tailoring skills are not the best in the world. ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
 ;D ;D That's great!  That actually does sound like it would feel quite nice. O0

Offline D45/70

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
I was thinking slippers 8)
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
what were you using? (rifle,model,caliber,price,scope)
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Facebook Comments