January 17, 2018, 08:07:11 AM

Author Topic: Crossbow / Long Bow / Recurve Strings  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Crossbow / Long Bow / Recurve Strings
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
I'll do a little advertising for someone else....... ;D

This is the guy that made the crossbow strings for my Excalibur Equinox.  He's a super nice guy and does what it takes to make you happy.  He primarily makes strings for Excalibur crossbows, but can make a string for just about anything.  They're really top-notch as well. O0

Boo Custom Strings

These are Flemish type strings, not endless loop.  He can make about any color combination you want with several other different "options" available as well.  The strings aren't cheap, but they're worth it!

If you're in need of a new string for your crossbow or long bow/recurve look into getting a Boo string! O0  You won't be disappointed! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Crossbow / Long Bow / Recurve Strings
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
Me like!! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:14:34 PM »
Me like!! O0 O0

The guy does a heck of a job.  I was reading on his site today that the owner of Excalibur was talking with him trying to figure out what they could do to make their factory strings better. O0

My crossbow now, with all of the stuff I've got on it to dampen the sound, is like night and day compared to what it was when I didn't have anything. :shock:  The one thing that I added that made the most difference in reducing the sound was a Boo string with served-on cat whiskers. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
Whoa that's cool!  The strings are a twisted pair.  And >$50 seems pretty reasonable actually. I'll be sure to pass this along to anyone I may come across who owns a cross/long/recurve-bow.

Facebook Comments