October 17, 2017, 07:36:02 AM

Author Topic: Funnies While Hunting  (Read 4016 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Funnies While Hunting
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 03:08:09 AM »
Aint done yet! A couple of years ago I was watching a herd of deer crossing the road in front of me while I was on patrol. The deer in many of our installation areas are almost tame, so we can get really close to some of them. The deer all appeared to be does and yearlings, and were crossing the road in single file, ignoring my vehicle that was stopped only a few feet from them. One doe stopped and was lollygagging in the middle of the road, holding up the rest of the herd. They all stood in line, waiting for the one nitwit to move. She seemed to want to just stand there in her stupid trance. I was about to lay on the horn and move them. Suddenly, the doe behind the holdup doe stretched out her neck and calmly nipped the other doe right on the butt.  :shock: The nipped doe jumped straight up, and trotted ahead, out of the way. The biter doe calmly started walking forward with the rest of the dozen or so deer behind her, and all crossed the road.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
Funnies While Hunting
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 03:41:29 AM »
One more. A few years ago I walked into HQ and was asked by my Lt. if I know what a cotimundi is, or looked like. I told him yes, and asked him why he wanted to know. He told me he just got a report of one by one of our off duty officers that was going fishing, just a couple of miles from HQ. We are in Iowa. We don't have cotimundi here. Not until that day, anyhow. My Lt. ordered me to go and capture it. I took our capture stick and a capture box and went to where the animal was spotted. I was slowly driving down a gravel road that was next to a cornfield. The corn was only 6 or 8 inches high. I spotted what looked like a badger hole on the edge of the gravel road, and got out to investigate. I looked down into the hole and spotted the coti. I went back to the car, got the stick, and got the loop onto the animal. This was no small feat! The critter was a large male and sounded like and enraged badger. After a struggle, I got the critter out of the hole, and he got loose. He made a short run into the field, where I got the loop on him again. He was like a supercharged giant pingpong ball, bouncing up and down, snarling and growling the whole time. It was quite a fight until I wore him down and got him into the box. The worry part was, the capture box was reinforced cardboard, and the animal had very long claws and teeth.  I managed to get the  box onto the rear seat, and proceeded to HQ. On the way, I radioed that I had him in the box, etc. Our dispatcher asked me what I was going to do if the animal escaped from the box. I informed him I would be stepping out, and the coti would be driving. We speculated it had arrived on a truck or rail car. Actually, all the animal wanted was to be left alone, but orders are orders. A sad note for the poor animal, was that it had mange on it's head and over one eye. It could have been easily cured. Our boss called the State of Iowa, and they said a state officer would pick it up. They never did arrive to pick it up. The next day when I got to work, I discovered the animal still in the box, so I gave it some water and dogfood. Still no damn state boy or pickup. Another day, and still no show. On the fourth day, they took it out and shot it. Yes, they really did. My Lt. was ordered to, and he did what he was ordered to do. I was really pissed, along with many other of my fellow officers. Then, the stupid state of Iowa got wind of the execution, and all hell broke loose. The animal was not native to Iowa, and was thereby protected. The poor coti got a tidbit of revenge, anyhow. This surely isn't a funny story, but one of sad interest, anyhow. If I had known the outcome of how the poor coti was going to fare, he would still be running free!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
not funny but still odd
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 12:41:58 AM »
while bowhunting, I took a position overlooking a known bedding area/squirrel haven. After sitting a while,I noticed some comotion in the tree in front of me about 20 ft away. two sqirrels were "playing". Not unusual at first but then "A" mounted squirrel "B". Oops i caught a tinder moment. Then the unimagineable happened. Squirrel "B" turned and mounted squirrel"A". Completely dumbfounded,I sat and watched the "pair" trade favors for over half an hour. I thought man was the only of Gods critters that suffered from that sort of behavior.I'd a shot em but I'm not sure I want to eat that kinda squirrel. Momma said not to eat any critter thet don't behave normally.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
Funnies While Hunting
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 03:50:28 AM »
:twisted: I would have shot 'em both! Next, those squirrels will want to get married! :shock:

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
Funnies While Hunting
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 03:54:24 AM »
lol   And shame on you for being up so late/early, John.  :wink:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
Funnies While Hunting
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 01:35:22 PM »
:lol:  :-k  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I see I wasn't the only one up at that hour, hint hint hint! :wink:

Facebook Comments