December 13, 2017, 12:23:17 AM

Author Topic: I Got 'Em!!!!!  (Read 2139 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
I Got 'Em!!!!!
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »
Friday morning, I'm in my stand and it's about 9:15 or 9:20am, I saw 4 doe walking by at about 45 yards. One of them made a slight detour around a blowdown and was less than 30 yards when I let go with my 100 grain Magnus.

I thought I'd missed another one because I saw the arrow kick up leaves on the side of the doe and she jumped straight up and took off really fast. But she went less than 10 yards before she dropped like a sack of rocks and didn't even twitch.

I got down and walked over to her and she was dead as a door nail and then went and found my arrow and saw it had gone clean through.

I dressed her out and took her to the deer cooler and processor to have her butchered.

Saw two more later Friday but nothing close enough to shoot.

Saturday I moved to a new spot near the clear cut I'd seen the big buck I told y'all about. Saturday was the opening day of black powder here and although none of my club use BP the clubs around us obviously did because it sounded like a thousand 58 Cals. going off all day....

I think BC might have been the next property over with his semi-auto .58! :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Saw nothing except a few squirrels and one cotton tail, and zillion dam* crows.

Sunday I moved to spot on a ridge that was less than ideal, but at least it was high enough so that in the morning the wind was always blowing up and there were several white oak trees that had started to spill their acorns.

Saw at least 6 or 7 squirrels that morning, but no deer. At 4:00pm I thought about moving because I felt the wind was getting bad and I was facing into the sunset.

While I was debating where to move to, I heard a loud noise to my left and just caught a glimpse of several deer bouncing over a creek and off behind me.

I thought for sure they'd smelled me and was pi**ed off to the point of quiting, but made myself stay up in my stand until dark.

At a little past 5:00pm I saw a doe walking straight up the ridge directly to the tress I had hoped the deer would feed at. She ate a few acorns and walked to almost directly under me when I let go and caught her behind the left shoulder and the arrow angled down into her lungs and she took off down the ridge but didn't make all the way before she dropped too.

I dressed her out, and took her to the processor for butchering. I'll pick them up when I go out this weekend, which is the opening of the gun season here.

I'll donate one of the does to "Hunter's For The Hungry", which is an oragnization that helps out the underprivileged, here and in other states.

I did this every year before my all expense paid tours to the big sandbox. I'm a single guy and one deer goes a long way with me.

I was lucky, I admit it..

But...

Like the saying goes....

It's BETTER to be lucky than good! :wink: :twisted:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:05:30 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: I Got 'Em!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »
Where's the pics!?! :-\

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »
Sorry no photos. I can't do it here at work and my home computer is no more.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 10:40:56 PM »
OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!!!!!
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

As I said before, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. ;D

Our early muzzleloading season (2 days) is this coming weekend.  I'm hoping I see this dude sometime during the weekend. O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 07:17:33 AM »
Way to go BO  O0

BC, you want to see the racoon or the deer  ???  :twisted: ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:29:07 AM »
Bout Dam Time!!! Congrats Bo!!!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 09:03:10 AM »
Ahh...well, nice going Bo!  And two to boot! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 09:04:50 AM »
Way to go BO  O0

BC, you want to see the racoon or the deer  ???  :twisted: ;D

Either or.....  :twisted:

Freaking coons are worse than cockroaches down there! >:(  I've got pictures with 6 of the S.O.B.'s in 'em! :tickedoff

Hey Bo, now you need to start trying to get that buck that was taunting you. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 CONGRATS!!! O0 O0 O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 09:05:09 PM »
Thank's much y'all.

It was a bigger surprise to me than anyone. Gun season open's saturday and I'll be going out then but it will be buck or nothing. I'm going to set my sight's on the one I saw the other week, but it will have to have horn's before I shoot another one....

I hope I haven't lost the ability to shoot a rifle like I have a bow!!

Facebook Comments