October 21, 2017, 08:39:21 PM

Author Topic: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »
Can't wait!!!!  O0

Just something in that black powder smoke that affects a feller.....  :D

When I shot the doe with the crossbow on Oct. 1st, I changed the memory card out of the trail cam up in the woods.  The batteries were at about 65% so I figured they would last until the next weekend when I was going to change the card out again.  NOT!  ;D

Sunday I went to change the memory cards out and the batteries were completely dead!  >:(  Normally, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal except for where this camera is. :shock:  I've been using my brother's 4 wheeler to get the corn up there because his is 4WD (mine is only 2WD).  Getting up to the bench is pretty hairy to say the least.... :shock: :shock: :shock:  And that's with 100 lbs of corn on the front of the 4 wheeler to hold it down. :shock:  I had already put the corn out, so that meant that the trip back up the hill with the batteries (after I went into town to get them), would be with just the 4 wheeler and no weight on the front.  Got the batteries and made it back up the hill (standing up and leaning over the front, it still raised up on me a little) and got the batteries changed.

Got the card home and figured out "why" the batteries had gone dead so soon............  Had 952 images on the card. :shock:  Finally finished going through them last night (just cleaning them up and deleting the few that didn't have anything in them).  Seems that the batteries had died sometime on the 5th.

But how (or at least Sunday), there's fresh batteries, a fresh memory card, another corn/molasses flavored mineral block, and 100 lbs of corn out on the spot again. O0  Got several pictures of this dude in the mix.

He's got a decent rack, but nothing special.  It doesn't look like it's that thick, but I think he should do. O0  Got pictures of 3-4 other bucks, but this one looked like the biggest.  I hope this one's daddy shows up, but I'd be happy with him. :wink: :)

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:20:19 AM »
yeah I would shoot that O0 good luck hunting this weekend O0 :wink: kill a deer :twisted: :buck2 :knuppel2 ;D :D :) :) :D ;D :shock: :twisted: :wink: O0 :knuppel2 :buck2 :knuppel2 :twisted: :buck2 ;D :) :D :twisted: O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
Nice deer, BC.  O0 Perhaps he has a big brother hanging about?
Good luck with the BP hunting!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »
Awww yea - Team Shortbus!! O0

I'm gonna try my hand with the bow tomorrow.  Maybe I'll put a doe on the board for us.  I kind of want to kill a fawn just so it won't take me as long to clean. ;D It takes me like a half hour just to clean one squirrel. :-\

Holy crow that's a lot of pics! What were the other 948 pics of?  Small game and crap?

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:42:47 PM »
good luck tomorrow O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »
Holy crow that's a lot of pics! What were the other 948 pics of?  Small game and crap?

Kind of a conglomeration of deer, squirrels, and coons. :roll:  Out of the 952, I probably only had 20 or so that didn't have anything in them (that I could see).  I had been uploading all of the pictures onto my Photobucket account, but there's no freaking way I'm putting all of these up there! :shock:  Gotta go through them and start resizing them now. >:(  Once I get some resized and uploaded, I'll post some of them. O0

There's several pictures of different bucks.  Got quite a few of that 8 pt posted above.  He seems to be a regular visitor. :twisted: :twisted:

The thing that sucked is that I shot the doe on 10/1 and swapped out the memory card.  The first picture I've got of the 8 pt was in the afternoon on 10/2!  :tickedoff

It's all good though.  I just hope he shows up Saturday morning. O0 :twisted:  Went today on lunch and got a Bonus Antlerless permit to let me take 2 additional does. O0 :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 02:57:13 PM »
get some more meat in the freazer i'm w8ing for the rut to go out again. good luck hunting. O0

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »
Rifle starts here on Sat. but I won't be able to get to the woods until the next weekend. Tought to hunt in 90 degree weather!  :shock: :shock: By the 24th I will be hammering it every Sat at least until the end of Jan. Gonna finish in Alabama again this year.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
hey good luck for every sat. until late jan. O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »
GET 'ER DONE!!!

We'll be expecting NOTHING but RACK on Monday!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

OK...

How come I can see the little picture of the 8-point and racoon, but can't see the big picture...

Forget it...I wouldn't understand anyway!!

I'm gonna' cry some more! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hold me!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments