December 16, 2017, 04:13:39 AM

Author Topic: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 08:33:47 PM »
Why are they all chilling right there anyways...you have a bait pile out there or something?

O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »
More..... :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »
Here's a few good ones.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
BC, you gonna hide in the same spot or back off some on the upwind side seeing that the ML gives you some more distance?

The ML season down in eastern NC where I hunt goes out this Friday with general firearms coming in Saturday. I still have three weeks until my week off and by the looks of what the bucks are starting to do around my hunting area I should hit it right at prime time!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
OK, first you wait for the racoons to get on either side of a big rock.

Then you shoot the rock and splinter it in half and the two sections fly off and kill the racoons.

Then when the buck shows up wait until he's DIRECTLY in front of you and when he puts his head down aim for the shoulder hump and shoot straight down the spinal column which guarantees an INSTANT kill and yet damages no meat.

That's how Dan'l Boone woulda' done it!!
 :roll: :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »
that's a shooter buck in my book. O0 :twisted: :wink: :shock: ;D :) :D :buck2 O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
BC, you gonna hide in the same spot or back off some on the upwind side seeing that the ML gives you some more distance?

Nah, same spot. O0  I've found that the FFg black powder gives the meat a very distinctive flavor. O0 ;D :twisted: ;D

When I was down there this past weekend I pulled up some more crap around my little hidey-hole and then cut some of the weeds that were around there and stood them up around it. O0  About all that will be visible above the top of the blind is my head and the barrel of the Knight. O0

Man, Bo, you have no idea about them freaking coons how much they are ticking me off! >:(  I've been racking my brain on what I can do to get rid of them. :tickedoff :tickedoff  They're worse than cockroaches!  I may, after gun season, put some corn in a bunch of brush where the deer can't get in there, and set a bunch of leg-hold traps for the little vermin!  The little SOB's are eating all my dang corn!!!  :tickedoff

As for the buck, I'm still debating on whether or not to neck shoot him if he shows up. :-\  With a neck shot, it will anchor him right there and I won't ruin any of the good shoulder meat or ribs.  I'm not going to have him mounted, so I don't have to worry about the cape.  On the other hand, good capes are hard to come by sometimes.  I've been thinking about shooting behind the shoulder and then taking the head & cape to a taxidermist friend of mine and letting him skin it out and keep the cape and just give me the rack.  Decisions, decisions.....

But all of this hinges on that buck (or a bigger one) showing up and presenting me with a shot. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 07:58:12 AM »
As for the buck, I'm still debating on whether or not to neck shoot him if he shows up. :-\  With a neck shot, it will anchor him right there and I won't ruin any of the good shoulder meat or ribs.  I'm not going to have him mounted, so I don't have to worry about the cape.  On the other hand, good capes are hard to come by sometimes.  I've been thinking about shooting behind the shoulder and then taking the head & cape to a taxidermist friend of mine and letting him skin it out and keep the cape and just give me the rack.  Decisions, decisions.....
Wow what a horrible dilemma you have there...ya jerk. ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 08:28:32 AM »
Wow what a horrible dilemma you have there...ya jerk. ;D

Yeah, I know......  :-\

;D  That is IF he decides to show up. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
Oh I bet he WILL show up, but it will be directly behind you, and you will not hear him coming so by the time you realize he is behind you, you can't move. He will stand there and refuse to leave for what seems like forever then, he will just turn and leave. And when you decide it is time to just swing aim and fire it will be too late, he will be gone. 

This is how it always seems to happen when I sit in a ground blind. Hope he at least blows at you to say bye bye when he sneaks up on you!! ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments