November 18, 2017, 08:39:57 AM

Author Topic: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!  (Read 2975 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »
But how many Wooly Mammoth, Mastadon, Sabre-tooth Tigers, etc?????

Reminds me of a guy I hunted with years ago.

I won't say he was old...

But...

When God said; "Let there be light"...

He threw the switch!
 :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 06:32:27 AM »
But how many Wooly Mammoth, Mastadon, Sabre-tooth Tigers, etc?????

:knuppel2  ;D Don't remember.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »
I'm back! :)

Got up at 4:00 AM this morning, got down to the farm around 6:00 AM, got up in the woods and situated around 6:30 AM.  Saw 1 deer at 8:36 AM and unleashed the fury of the .54 cal Knight on it. :twisted:

Just got back up here a little bit ago.  Fixin' to go out and start skinning. O0  Swapped out the memory card in the camera...............  They're still downloading onto the computer.............. 1,700 and some change....  :shock:

I'll get some pictures up later after I've got the critter skinned and in the cooler, and I've had a shower. :roll: O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »
Sounds like you had some good luck. BC!  O0 I was gonna ask, wire snare or rifle, but thought better if it.  :wink: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2009, 07:41:11 PM »
No wire snare. :roll:  I got a 7 pt this morning at 8:36 AM.  I thought it was the 8 pt that I had pictures of when I shot him.  I didn't have any pictures of this one, so I didn't know he was up there.  When I walked up on him though, he suffered from "ground shrink". ;D  It's all good though. O0  I got a bunch of good fresh meat out of the deal, and you can't eat those antlers. O0  I'm a meat hunter anyway.

After I pulled the memory card from the camera and started downloading the pictures, the first 3 were of this buck. ;D

I've probably got more of him, but haven't had a chance to get through all 1,700 pictures yet.....  :roll: ;D

My butt is dragging...........  :buck2  I'm going to take a shower, eat some chili, and probably go to bed.  I've got the meat deboned and iced down in a cooler.  I'll start working it up tomorrow.  Got the hide and head rolled up and put in some bags in the freezer. O0  I shot him behind the front leg, so the cape is still good on it.  Figured I'll call the taxidermist I use on Monday and see if they want it.  It'll save me from having to cut the skull plate off anyway. O0 ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:13:04 PM by Big58cal »

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »
Sure is a nice deer, BC!  O0 What's also neat is having pictures of the deer before it gets shot.
How close was you able to get to him with your 4 wheeler? Considering your big Kentucky hills, I hope you was able drive to the deer. Some of your "hills"  :shock: are  considered mountains by our Iowa standards.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »
I found a few more pictures of this buck that were on the memory card.  So far I'm up to #327 and haven't seen the 8 pt yet.  I wonder if a kid popped him last weekend during the youth season? ???  If it was between me or a kid getting him, I hope the kid got him. O0

That's one of the good things about hunting this one particular place John.  After one hits the ground (if it's on our side of the ridge), it's a down hill drag to get to the food plot.  Once the deer is there, I can drive the 4-wheeler right up to the critter. O0

This dang thing I like to never got loaded! >:(  Finally had to basically get him up onto the front of my legs and then pry, push, wiggle, and grunt to get the dang thing up onto the back rack. ;D  I was wore out when I finally got him up there. ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 07:16:44 AM »
Yep, it's a heck of a job even loading a dead deer. Getting them over fences by yourself is nearly impossible, too.

Some years ago I came upon an Iowa conservation officer trying to load a road hit deer. He had a funky steel pipe contraption with chains and was attempting to load the deer into his vehicle trunk.
I stopped and volunteered to help him. As were were lifting the deer into his trunk, I informed him I would like to have the deer. Ten minutes later, I was headed down the highway with the deer in my vehicle.  :)

The officer wasn't making any progress with his one man loading and was more than happy to have a volunteer help him with his problem. Highway traffic was heavy that Saturday morning and none of the bypassers would even offer to help the officer.  :sad:

Within my jurisdiction, we just drag the dead deer onto the shoulder and leave it to the critters unless we can find someone wanting the deer. Most of said deer go unwanted, especially during warm weather.

BC, that rack would make you a nice gunrack.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:53 AM »
nice man a good amount of free meat. O0 but yeah that tells good things do come to the good. O0  ;D :wink:
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »
Hoo-Ah!!! O0 O0

Way to go!!
 O0 O0 O0 O0

You'll get Mr. Big next time! O0 O0

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments