December 11, 2017, 12:56:16 AM

Author Topic: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
Our BP hunters here in IA are having a lousy harvest.

You buy my license and get me into that petting zoo of yours and I'll show them Yankees how it's SUPPOSED to be done! O0 :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 09:55:52 AM »
You buy my license and get me into that petting zoo of yours and I'll show them Yankees how it's SUPPOSED to be done! O0 :twisted:
I have NO doubt about that!  O0 :twisted: You would have killed those big bucks I tried to put people onto last season. And this year is no better. It seems their own perceptions over-rides sound advice.  :tickedoff :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2

On the occasions when I am close enough to poke those deer with my rifle barrel muzzle, I think I know what I am talking about.  :twisted: Two of those deer last year were big 12 pointers.

A few years ago I put a fella onto a big buck that turned out to be the second largest deer killed in Iowa. He had the sense to actually listen to what I was telling him.  :)

Our corn harvest has been put on hold because of farmers harvesting beans. As soon as the cornfields are picked, our Iowa hunting will be greatly improved. Recent and ongoing rain has put the harvest on hold.

While on patrol, I have several hours to observe deer movement. Our deer are doing most of their moving just as the sun is setting and afterwards.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments