November 23, 2017, 10:53:39 PM

Author Topic: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Muzzleloading Season Is This Weekend!
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »

You'll get Mr. Big next time! O0 O0

Gotta wait til next year..........  You're only allowed 1 antlered deer/year in KY. :'(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
congrats BC  O0 we had our Muzzy season this weekend as well, my step kid and I got skunked, but my cousin got a nice doe early Sat. morning (Lucky SOB), but hey it'll make for a very interesting 2 months ahead (and I have some time off during Veterans Day week, and all of Thanksgiving week off from work) ....anyway congrats again... O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
congrats BC  O0 we had our Muzzy season this weekend as well, my step kid and I got skunked, but my cousin got a nice doe early Sat. morning (Lucky SOB), but hey it'll make for a very interesting 2 months ahead (and I have some time off during Veterans Day week, and all of Thanksgiving week off from work) ....anyway congrats again... O0

Thanks Meat Hunter! O0  He's not the biggest, but he sure does taste good. O0 ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »
Thanks Meat Hunter! O0  He's not the biggest, but he sure does taste good. O0 ;D

O0 That's what really counts!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline kyhareraiser

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
never even seen a deer on muzzleloader weekend.. maybe i'll see the one for me b4 the years out
WHEN THE HAMMER DROPS ....THE BULL s*it STOPS

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »
never even seen a deer on muzzleloader weekend.. maybe i'll see the one for me b4 the years out

Just stick with it. O0  One thing's for sure, you can't shoot one if you don't hunt. O0

I'm tired of looking at deer meat! >:(  I left work early today to come home and finish processing this thing up.  Got everything done up except grinding the burger and sealing it into packages.  Figured I'd take a break for a little while and let some of the water drain off of the meat before I started grinding.  I might get done at midnight tonight. >:(

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »
Just stick with it. O0  One thing's for sure, you can't shoot one if you don't hunt. O0

I'm tired of looking at deer meat! >:(  I left work early today to come home and finish processing this thing up.  Got everything done up except grinding the burger and sealing it into packages.  Figured I'd take a break for a little while and let some of the water drain off of the meat before I started grinding.  I might get done at midnight tonight. >:(
You get real tired, WATCH YER FINGERS!  :shock: Sure is worth all the work, though!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
Got done around 12:30 AM this morning..... :roll:  I did pretty good this time and only cut myself twice. ;D  Bad thing is that both of the cuts were in the same spot.  The second time was a 'good un'. :shock:

Ended up with 13 lbs 10 oz of ground meat. O0  Took the majority of the meat from the shoulders and neck and put it in another bag to go to the processor to have summer sausage and salami made. O0 :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »
13+ pounds thats good I only got 4 from my tiny doe but I also cut up some meat into chunks for stew and such.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »
Our BP hunters here in IA are having a lousy harvest.

Facebook Comments