November 18, 2017, 09:04:24 AM

Author Topic: Weekend of 10/10 results......  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Nick_T

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Can I shoot one time?
Weekend of 10/10 results......
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »
This is the results from my 10/10 hunt.........

Results from the 10/12 hunt, got lazy and slept in on the 11th.......

And here's Kevincole with his 2 from 10/12, the boy got it done........

Not enough good video to compile so I'm uploading individually, all from 10/10, rain threat made me leave the electronics home yesterday........

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Weekend of 10/10 results......
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »
Pretty cool Gnick. O0  BTW, when you going to get that boy some clothes that actually fit him?  I think he's good enough of a shot that he's got to at least look the part too. O0 ;D

That 3rd video down, is that smoke coming off of the barrel where it's so hot? ???

;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

NiCE  pushin to the limit :D
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »
That squack caught me by supprise 58, had to chunk my smoke and get after him! I ain't burned a barrel yet, but it's not from lak of efort.

Ray, took both days to put down a GA limit. In the past 3 years of hunting I have yet to reach the limit in a day, closest I've got has been 9.

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
Ray, took both days to put down a GA limit. In the past 3 years of hunting I have yet to reach the limit in a day, closest I've got has been 9.
ick T

What the crap is your limit down there?  ??? :shock: :shock:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »
What the crap is your limit down there?  ??? :shock: :shock:

12/day.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 10:00:52 AM »
 Great going, Nick!  O0 12 per day? I need to move!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:28:12 AM »
Holey Moley 12?  Between the bag limit and your never ending squirrel killing media I'd say that your state is absolutely chock full of rats!
Keep taking em down brotha! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »
Great going, Nick!  O0 12 per day? I need to move!

Why?  You can't fill your limit in Iowa, what makes you think you can fill your limit down there?  ;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »
Nick I didn't know you were in Georgia, where are you?

The squirrel season here is from Aug. 15-Feb 28 and as stated is 12 a day.

The season has always been long here, but for many years the state was divided into a north/south partition. Generally speaking it was just south of Atlanta that was the southern zone and anything above that was northern.

Due to the fact that so much of north Georgia is mountainous and heavily timbered with hardwoods, the overall better squirrel hunting was in the north zone, and the north had a slightly longer season than in the south which was about the only species that was more populous in the north zone than the south.

There are fox squirrels in the lower third of the state and they had a seperate season. It's been so long since I hunted squirrel's I thought they still had a seperate season and limit. As I recall the fox squirrel limit was 6. Now it looks like  it's 12 for both species.

I still haven't found out if wrist rockets are legal but considering how it's NOT listed as illegal I'll assume they are.

It is true that squirrel hunting is not as big as deer or turkey here and I would imagine they get passed over a lot by most of us. It's been years since I went out just to hunt squirrels and even then I took a handgun, which GUARANTEED I came nowhere close to getting a limit.....

Did I even get one?? :wink: :buck2

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:42:00 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments