November 18, 2017, 08:25:06 PM

Author Topic: Weekend of 10/10 results......  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Weekend of 10/10 results......
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 09:49:12 PM »
That squack caught me by supprise 58, had to chunk my smoke and get after him!

I find it ironic that you were smoking out in the woods and you're a forest fire fighter.  ;D ;D ;D

It's been years since I went out just to hunt squirrels and even then I took a handgun, which GUARANTEED I came nowhere close to getting a limit.....

Did I even get one?? :wink: :buck2

I wouldn't want to take that bet. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
wow i'm tryin to think of what I was doing as you were having fun killing squirrelz hhhhhmmmmm but nice man bunch of nice meat and fun getting it. O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 08:30:48 AM »
bohica, I live just SW of Macon in Peach Co, the land I hunt is due north of Ft. Valley right on the Peach/Crawford border. Your more than welcome to come down anytime and help with population control.

58, as a forest firefighter, I take in all the calculations ( wind speed, RH, fine fuel moistures, solar radiation, forest fuel model, etc.) and run the numbers and make sure that my cig won't ignite anything in the area. I have to plan 3hrs before I lite a smoke. Believe all that? I've got some coastal property in TN I'd sell ya, dirt cheap.   O0

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
58, as a forest firefighter, I take in all the calculations ( wind speed, RH, fine fuel moistures, solar radiation, forest fuel model, etc.) and run the numbers and make sure that my cig won't ignite anything in the area. I have to plan 3hrs before I lite a smoke. Believe all that? I've got some coastal property in TN I'd sell ya, dirt cheap.   O0

Nick T

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. :wink: ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »
Nick even figures in the moon phase; the magnetic difference.  :wink: O0 :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 04:05:16 PM »

Been working with a few deer hunting friends in conjunction with their "wildlife movement watches", mainly used for deer hunting, but I thought I'd give it a try with small game movement. Dang thing kept giving peak game movement between 0100 and 0400, and I have yet to see a squirrel while out during those times. I think their watches are a hunk of junk.

Nick T

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »
bohica, I live just SW of Macon in Peach Co, the land I hunt is due north of Ft. Valley right on the Peach/Crawford border. Your more than welcome to come down anytime and help with population control.

Nick T

Would you get me some peaches???

What's that place in Crawford county that's open to the public and sell's peaches, peach butter and peach preserves?

Man, that stuff's so good it makes you want to stand up and slap your momma! :roll: :wink:

You've got some big deer down there too! I hunted south of you in Houston county many years ago on property on the river. Didn't get a deer, but saw more snakes in one day than I'd seen in my entire life.

I left them alone and thankfully they left me alone! :wink: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 07:38:43 PM »

Would you get me some peaches???

What's that place in Crawford county that's open to the public and sell's peaches, peach butter and peach preserves?

Man, that stuff's so good it makes you want to stand up and slap your momma! :roll: :wink:

You've got some big deer down there too! I hunted south of you in Houston county many years ago on property on the river. Didn't get a deer, but saw more snakes in one day than I'd seen in my entire life.

I left them alone and thankfully they left me alone! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dickeys Farms in Muzella, north of Roberta on HWY 341. Probably the best homemade ice cream around too. Ya will have to get down here between May and Aug. for some fresh peaches, but if ya want to come down and hunt I'm pretty sure I can find a bucket of pecans for ya to take back. We do have a bunch of those pesky deer running around. I get one to blow at me probably 3 out of every 5 hunts, dang noisey nuisances, takes away from my peace and zen on my squirrel hunts.

Nick T

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 09:13:34 PM »
I get one to blow at me probably 3 out of every 5 hunts, dang noisey nuisances, takes away from my peace and zen on my squirrel hunts.

Nick T

Peace and zen, huh?  ???  What about the nonstop .22 semiauto fire??  ;D

Me personally, I prefer a nice hot Dicken's Cider. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments