November 22, 2017, 02:19:51 AM

Author Topic: Weekend of 10/17 results......  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Nick_T

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Can I shoot one time?
Re: Weekend of 10/17 results......
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 07:37:46 PM »
 ;D , and they were GOOD too!

Kevincole talked me into fighting the wind this afternoon........

Knocked down 5, picked up 4. The kid outshot me today. Saw a few more, but not many, maybe 5 or 6. Forgot the vid camera, the still is all I've got. Wish I had it though, new orchard and unmolested squirrels. I had to turn the scope objective down to 10 yards and power all the way down on my 2, thought I was going to end up in hand to hand combat.

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
The kid outshot me today. Saw a few more, but not many, maybe 5 or 6. Forgot the vid camera, the still is all I've got. Wish I had it though, new orchard and unmolested squirrels. I had to turn the scope objective down to 10 yards and power all the way down on my 2, thought I was going to end up in hand to hand combat.

Nick T

Better get used to the boy out-shooting you. :roll:  With the way he's been knocking them down, I've got a feeling that it's only the tip of the iceburg. ;D

In situations where they are that close, that's when a nice little semi-auto .22 pistol comes in handy. :wink:  When I was deer hunting on Oct. 1st this year, I had 2 that came within arms reach of me.  If I had had on some thicker gloves, I would have grabbed one or both. :twisted:  With just a little pair of thin cotton gloves on though, I thought I better not. :wink: ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
Better get used to the boy out-shooting you. :roll:  With the way he's been knocking them down, I've got a feeling that it's only the tip of the iceburg. ;D

In situations where they are that close, that's when a nice little semi-auto .22 pistol comes in handy. :wink:  When I was deer hunting on Oct. 1st this year, I had 2 that came within arms reach of me.  If I had had on some thicker gloves, I would have grabbed one or both. :twisted:  With just a little pair of thin cotton gloves on though, I thought I better not. :wink: ;D ;D
  :shock: Good thing ya thought better of it! Those critters can bite right through gloves. 
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 08:26:39 AM »
A handgun for squirrels, hmmmm, now that sounds like fun. I was thinking of pulling my knife on those 2, measured in feet instead of yards. With me sitting under the tree they wanted to get into for supper I'm pretty sure they'd came closer.

Video Recap of Sat's hunt.......

Set up in a pine stand with a wild pecan in front of us. I got on one side, Kevincole on the other. I had 2 on my side within 10 minutes after sitting down, one came straight in..........

After that shot her buddy came back in fairly quickly......

Kevincole was losing confidence in his spot so we moved around the orchard a few hundred yards and I put him in one of my favorite spots. I backed off about 50 yards and sat there for just a few minutes when Kevincole shot. I saw him lean his rifle against his pecan and ease into the woods. This is what I found when I got down there........

We could hear some tractors coming our way so we eased back up to the truck. The adjoining landowner, we were right on the property line, was getting ready to shake a couple of trees. After talking with him we gain permission to hunt his side of the orchard too. So we left there and went over to the other side of the orchard to get away from all the noise and set up, saw a couple playing but this is the only one that came in. The squirrel did bolt at the shot but only went 10ft, Kevincole hit him right behind the shoulder nad it exited out his butt.

The wind was picking up pretty hard and he was getting hungery so we headed out. A really good, short morning.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 08:58:46 AM »
Great morning, Nick!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
Good thing you're shooting a .22.  You'd go broke if it were a .17.  ;D

I'm going to try to get a video camera for Christmas for the wife and I.  If I do, the squirrels better look out! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
Hope ya can get a camera, videoing is just as much fun as the hunt nad can be just as challenging. If ya have any questions shoot me a line, I'll help where I can.

Nick T

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »
You and your boy did great job Nick!! O0 O0 O0

It was a might cold this weekend!!! But, as long as you can get out.....

That's a GOOD thing!! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments