November 22, 2017, 10:48:18 PM

Author Topic: Time to start Ling fishing;.annual ling thing  (Read 3400 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Time to start Ling fishing;.annual ling thing
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »
Wat u tink!

Are you going to come to the ling thing(burbot) this year? I'm going to try to set it up for some thing like November 15 th'ish.It should not be to cold and frozen then,I hope.
So start getting your sucker meat in order and give it a try. I'll have to check pot the moon yet so the date may change, but I'll try to do it an a Saturday night.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Meat Hunter #737

Re: Time to start Ling fishing;.annual ling thing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:56:49 PM »
Burbot anything like Bowfin??.......cause I aint never eaten one of those things....but they sure are cute during the spawn.....

your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:39:44 AM »
Burbot anything like Bowfin??.......cause I aint never eaten one of those things....but they sure are cute during the spawn.....

Those look like what we have here and we call them dogfish. They hit lures and are ranked with gars. We don't eat them here.

Once in a while we catch some pretty bigs ones. I caught one big one while bass fishing in the river close to home. we didn't catch any fish that day until the dogfish clobbered my Texas worm rig. I thought I had a monster bass on until I got the fish to the boat.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »
 >:(sssssssssssss :shock:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:48:36 PM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:52:39 PM »
Wat u tink! Good luck with the ling thing, I will be catching steelhead in northern Michigan about that time.

Are you going to come to the ling thing(burbot) this year? I'm going to try to set it up for some thing like November 15 th'ish.It should not be to cold and frozen then,I hope.
So start getting your sucker meat in order and give it a try. I'll have to check pot the moon yet so the date may change, but I'll try to do it an a Saturday night.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:49:08 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
yeah pretty nasty kind of fish, but I've seen plenty of ice fishing vids from Canadians that keep the bourbot....to me theyre all snakeheads, and I dont think I'd eat one....but they say its the poor mans lobster........

Offline D45/70

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

It was a great time with some great Friends. We got a lot of ling and a tun of trout. We only kept 3 ling . The wind was a bit ruff and the temp was right at 20*, and only one guy fell in.  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »
You guys caught a lot of fish!  O0

Facebook Comments