December 15, 2017, 07:13:02 AM

Author Topic: 5 killed/ 3 wounded  (Read 810 times)

Squirrelhunter91

5 killed/ 3 wounded
« on: November 22, 2004, 08:33:25 PM »
BIRCHWOOD, Wis. - As several deer hunters made their way through the woods of northern Wisconsin, they were startled to come upon a stranger in their tree stand. But what happened next was even more astonishing.

Asked to leave, the trespasser, wearing blaze orange and carrying a semiautomatic assault rifle, opened fire on the hunters and did not stop until his 20-round clip was empty, leaving five people dead and three others wounded, authorities said.

The alleged shooter was eventually captured.

The killings baffled authorities and stunned residents in a state where deer hunting is a rite of autumn — a sport practiced by thousands of people who scour the woods for nine days every November with hopes of bagging a trophy buck.

“This is an incredible tragedy, one in which a great family tradition like a deer hunt has turned into such a great loss,” Gov. Jim Doyle said Monday.

Joe :( :evil:

april

5 killed/ 3 wounded
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 03:39:40 AM »
It is a TERRIBLE thing. All we can do is pray for the families and the injured. I heard that one of the injured that was in critical condition passed away as well. (not absolutely sure).

This may very well affect us as hunters too in the end.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
5 killed/ 3 wounded
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 11:00:18 AM »
The shooter should be tried and fried. I don't think he had any intention of hunting deer. I think it was a chanch of him to kill some people, and he planned the whole thing. Who goes deer hunting with a 20 rd, clip and using the rifle he was using? He yanked off the scope for a firefight and shot people that went there to give aid. Some of them he shot in the back, and they were unarmed. A 6th. one died, too. It's too bad someone didn't shoot him, my way of thinking. I would have shot him.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments