November 19, 2017, 11:08:37 AM

Author Topic: Two dogs down, 3" bb's hit the mark  (Read 1226 times)

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Two dogs down, 3" bb's hit the mark
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »
Yesterday my boy and I went calling / bird hunting. It rained all night and the grass and cattails where socking wet and the mud was very bad.There was no wind so we concentrated on the calling. There was just enough bird hunters out that several of our favorite place's to call where not doable,hate it when I shoot a bird hunter.We did find some good places and we did call coyotes. They must have been hungry, we got dogs to respond to our call every place we went, one thing or another most of them would not come in to play,but Two doges did.One place we just turned the call on and had a female come in hot and almost got the call before we hit here with a full charge of copper plated BB from the 94 rem, a 243 single under a 12 gage 3" mag.Under 30 yards and she dropped inches from the call. The very next set just across the county road we tried again. We called a bunny call that sounds like some one is ripping his heart out with a pair of pliers,nothing... We did it three more times ,,nothing. We then hit a pup in distress call, we try to end with this call in the event a dog is hung up nearby.Almost insistently a dog bust out of the grass in front of us at 50 yards running full speed to the call,teeth showing and a growl we could hear through our shooting muffs.The scope at that range wouldn't work,so again the BB's hit the mark, this time at under 20 yards and after she ran over our call,COOL!!!
 Two dogs down. :yelclap:

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:27:47 AM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Two dogs down, 3" bb's hit the mark
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »
Pretty cool D. O0  Sounds like you need to have a shotgun laying beside you from now on. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online D45/70

Re: Two dogs down, 3" BB's hit the mark
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »
Pretty cool D. O0  Sounds like you need to have a shotgun laying beside you from now on. O0

I look like a woman now with a BIG purse! We carry so much stuff now, we would need a gun barre or a wheel barrow if we took every thing we "NEED"
 This 243/under a 12 gage and a red dot scope looks like the way to go
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:29:02 AM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:57:27 AM »
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »
You sure done good, D45!  O0 Nice pictures, too!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:02:41 AM »
Right in the face! Nice!
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Facebook Comments