October 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Author Topic: illinois coons  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Sniper81

• Rookie Club Member
illinois coons
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:33:42 PM »
i was walking around the property i have for deer hunting and saw a sh** load of coon tracks im going to start hunting them this year was wondering what is a good time to walk around and find them dont have no dogs have a spot light with a red lens anybody with info on this let me know

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: illinois coons
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
At night would be a good time or use a caller durin day
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
"Accidently" spill a bag of cat food in the woods and sit and wait. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
"Accidently" spill a bag of cat food in the woods and sit and wait. O0

I can't believe you said that??!!

You're so cruel, inhuman, I'm calling a special session of the "We're Better Than You Hunter's Assoc."

We're going to protest and picket and we're going to stamp our little feet and shout slogans we've read in books. Then we're going to hold our breath until we turn blue and then tell our Mommies what you've done!!

Then we're going to McDonald's and have a Happy Meal and a nice cold milk. Then we'll lay down and take a nap.

After we wake up, our Mommies will change our diapers and we'll get ready for our big dates!!

We'll take our inflateable girlfriends out of the box, and blow them up and after that we'll get instructions on what we should do next.

Finally we'll tell everybody in our kindergarten class what real men we are and how we took care of that evil, nasty, rotten, BC!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 12:24:18 AM »
BC and a bait pile! Who would have thought that would be? :roll: :roll: But it would work. I would feed em good corn for a few weeks then put em in the skillet though!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Whatever works!

Some sardines tossed in would help, too.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »
BC and a bait pile! Who would have thought that would be? :roll: :roll:

And just what's wrong with my bait piles?  :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2

I don't know how the regs are in IL, but in KY it's entirely legal to bait for coons. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »
a lot of people think bait piles are like cheating at least you're not hunting on managment properties over bait. O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 10:55:47 PM »
You mean thats legal now? ??? ??? ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Facebook Comments