November 24, 2017, 05:25:23 PM

Author Topic: Do YOU know what these are???  (Read 1823 times)

april

Do YOU know what these are???
« on: November 23, 2004, 04:07:44 AM »
Was wondering if ya'll knew what these are? They;re about 1 & 1/2 inches long from top of head to end of hair. I think they're Millsite's made in the 40's..called Beetle Bug's.(Millsite makes a trolling type lure extremely similar in fly size) But, not 100% sure....so, thought I'd ask folks here if they knew.
I collect antique lures, and gettin into the "flyrod lure phase" :roll: , and kinda fell head over heels for these cute lil buggers.  But, don't wanna spend a hunk of dough on lures that aren't at the very least "vintage".

Can ya help me out?

(Just the lady bug-ish lures)(hope the pic works..lol)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 05:27:24 AM »
Sorry, I can't help you, April. But , they are really neat! I think they are flyrod poppers. Do you remember the Flyrod Wobblers? I keep my eyes open for those.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 05:47:36 AM »
Thanks John. No, don't remember the wobblers. But,..lol..bet your boots I'll be looking them up soon as I get offen here to see what they look like. ;)

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 11:51:10 AM »
Must be for Fly-Rods,the one on the bottom is a Top-Water Popper,the others look like Wobbling Spoons of some sort. Let us know when you find out.
Not Just Another Cracker !

april

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 01:54:37 PM »
I kind of think they are Millsite's (Beetle Bugs)...made in the late 40's to 50's. There were , I believe, 3 kinds...Trout, Bass, and Casting/Trolling.  I've only ever seen the trolling (found a pic of one and added it), but think this could very well be a bass one.
Although..all of the "big name" company's in those days cloned one another, so it's possible that it could be a competitor company which would explain the resemblence to the "Millsite Beetle Bug". Only way, if no one knows just by looking at it....to tell for sure..lol..would be to own one..so guess I'm gonna check out ebay and see if I can score a few. What the heck..they're cute as can be. ;)

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 05:56:44 AM »
Also try some of the Fishing Forum`s,there are a few in this area you can try,might find some Old Salt that came down here to retire.

www.Addictivefishing.com           Home Page- Go to Forum

Florida Sportsman Fishing Forum

Florida Coastal Angler Forum

Hope this helps April .

april

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 05:12:11 PM »
Thanks Cracker! I'll check em out and see what I can find.  :D

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 06:07:13 AM »
:D No Problem April,that`s what makes these Fourm`s so great.......

In-Put and Info.

Good Luck !

Facebook Comments