November 25, 2017, 12:58:44 AM

Author Topic: Try This Question On for Size.  (Read 6442 times)

Offline Jenny

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
Re: Try This Question On for Size.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
Everyone has a good point, but when they say "big Game", I think of big animals. Not small game.  :roll:   :)
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 07:25:26 PM »
I agree with bo, a man of great wisdom.  O0
 I don't consider turkeys as big game. In fact, I detest them. But, I know I am a minority with this opinion. I would classify them as varmints and you could shoot them like regular varmints.
why do you hate turkeys? ive herd them before but never seen em.
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 09:27:17 AM »
why do you hate turkeys? ive herd them before but never seen em.
Because they are tasteless big balls of feathers that play chicken with our patrol vehicles and alarm game we hunt. They also greatly affect  smaller game bird chicks and habitat. 
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »
Because they are tasteless big balls of feathers that play chicken with our patrol vehicles and alarm game we hunt. They also greatly affect  smaller game bird chicks and habitat. 

And the funny thing is that there's more turkey today and have spread into places they were never native to.

Looks like they've taken over many states they were almost extinct in twenty years ago.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »
And the funny thing is that there's more turkey today and have spread into places they were never native to.

Looks like they've taken over many states they were almost extinct in twenty years ago.
They sure have. In many areas where the turkeys are doing well, other game bird populations suffer greatly.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
They sure have. In many areas where the turkeys are doing well, other game bird populations suffer greatly.
here turkeys were extirpated in the early 1900's then an action from odnr put turkeys here. again. now we have them in all 88 counties.
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »
They should allow free turkey hunting and pay a bounty on each one killed.

Offline Jenny

• Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »
They should allow free turkey hunting and pay a bounty on each one killed.

I nominate that for a new rule!  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
I wouldnt call turkey a big or small game. You can cut their head off with an arrow, but a big one can feed a family for several days.  I saw a big flock of turkeys on the way to platte city, MO there were like 10 of them at least, none of them were small. They are all over NW Arkansas and SW Missouri too, i see flocks of them driving down there.   Big game i'd consider anything a centerfire rifle would be choice for, but is harvested for good table fare. Feral hogs, deer, and kittens.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Jenny

• Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »
I wouldnt call turkey a big or small game. You can cut their head off with an arrow, but a big one can feed a family for several days.

Ray has a point here  ???  O0

Facebook Comments