November 18, 2017, 08:58:00 AM

Author Topic: Look Forward to Better Days.  (Read 4983 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Look Forward to Better Days.
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
It's easy being a pessimist in this day and age. Our politicians suck. The economy sucks, we're bogged down in two wars and we've got people coming into our own country and telling US how to live. Crime is through the roof, regardless what the spin doctors say. Children raped, beaten, murdered on a daily basis and you can't do a f'n thing about it.

So it's hard sometimes to look long range and think about a time when things get better. I hope it does and I propose that if and when that day comes we all get together somewhere and have a group hunt or group fish.

I'm serious now. I personally have been given serious consideration to going to one of those preserves up in Tennessee or North Carolina and hunt some exotic game with my bow or handgun.

Now wait a minute...

I know what you're thinking. It's one of those high fence hunting preserves that people bitc* and moan about and say should be outlawed. I say hold on here. I want to hunt those sheeps and goats. Those are feral animals just like the hogs I've hunted in non fenced areas. They're not really WILD but they ain't tame either.

I say using a bow, x-bow, black powder or handgun during the winter and stalking them preferably in the snow. (something I've never done) I think it would be a major hoot.

We obviously can't do this any time soon. We're looking YEARS down the road here, but it gives  us something to look forward to and to look for better days ahead.

This is just spitballing and I'm open to any and all modifications. Whatcha' all think?

I promise to leave the women alone!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:31:04 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Look Forward to Better Days.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 12:15:32 AM »
Sounds like a hunting camp is in order. I would be up to BC and GP sponsoring a all out assault on some sqirrels or turkey's.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:07:55 AM »
I remember we tried this for hogs in Missouri a few years back. I did a bunch of diggin looking for the right place to hold it, but it fell through. Mayhaps one 'o these days we'll make something like this happen. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
Sure would be great! and I could have a HUGE kettle of camp stew for y'all, too!  :wink:

I still have some hope things will get better. I've never seen things as bad as they are now. And I've been around for quite a while, much longer than probably anyone here at GPS. One word can describe why things turned so bad, liberalism. Not meaning liberalism towards the female gender, but the the rest of the sad story pertaining to freaks, criminals, and lawyers.

I spent considerable time on foot in the wildernesses of Alaska and the Yukon with nothing but my wits, a knife, and what I could carry on my back. During that pretty much of a hermit life, life was good without running into wackos and criminals.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
There's a place in Tennessee called Wilderness Hunting Lodge, I think.  A bunch of my friends have been down there to it hunting.  They've had a blast doing it too!!!  I've wanted to go, but never can seem to come up with the meny for it. :-\

As far as it being "fair"..........  Chew on this for a while............

A buddy of mine went down there to hunt an elk one year.  They turned it lose in the enclosure and he commenced to hunting it.  It took him 4 days to get that elk with his bow!  This guy is also one of the better hunters I know. O0

I've known people to go out to Colorado and shoot and elk with their bow the first day.  Which is more "fair"?  Trying to take an elk for 4 days inside an enclosure or shooting an elk on public land in Colorado in 1 day?? ?? ??

So needless to say, I wouldn't have a problem at all going on a hunt in a fenced-in area. O0  As the old saying goes, "Don't knock it until you try it."  :wink:

On the subject of all of the crap that's going on today..................  If I had known then, right after I had graduated high school, what I know now, I would have faked my own death and moved up into the middle of nowhere and just been a hermit. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:15:06 PM »
I'm with you BC. I think it would be really neat to stalk hunt a sheep or goat. I've never hunted much in snow and would really like to be like Larry Benoit up in Maine!!

To me stalking one of those barbarousa sheep with those double curl horns or a spanish or angora goat with that neat coat and long horns; to use a bow or other weapon of limited range would be a major cool thing. I'd have no problem putting an animal like that on my wall.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:02:14 AM »
Sometimes the only thing that helps when things are bad is having a positive attitude. It's not a gift, it takes self training and constant work.

Being in the woods or on the water water is good therapy, as well as working with your hands.

Being here with you rascal characters is great therapy.

Here, have another big bowl of my camp stew. It has contents even your mothers didn't even think of. :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
yeah i guess we should all just group together and chill out. :)
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »
We can do some big game fishing at sea world

Orca sounds good
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »
Yeah that or we can go to BC's bait trap and kill some coons and deer! O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Facebook Comments