November 21, 2017, 01:19:51 AM

Author Topic: Look Forward to Better Days.  (Read 4994 times)

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Look Forward to Better Days.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »
You guy's are missing the most obvious spot. Let's all decend on JA's petting zoo! After a day or 2 the easy pickens will be gone and the real hunting can begin.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 12:12:08 PM »
Hey now Mo! Thats where I been hunten!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
Hey now Mo! Thats where I been hunten!

Yeah, that's where he's been hunting and he's still only managed to find 1 scrawny doe that decided to committ suicide.  :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
Thats cuz John keeps fillen the pot! ??? :sad:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Believe me, you fellas could hunt and fill your tags where I work and not dent the population.
I wish we could load up a few trainloads of turkeys and deer and ship right to you. You could shoot them as they walk down the offload chutes.  :twisted: O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
What kind of terrain do you have up there John?

Is that a site open to active military only?

Is it shotguns only for deer too?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 09:20:13 AM »
What kind of terrain do you have up there John?

Is that a site open to active military only?

Is it shotguns only for deer too?
It's a mix of everything, farm fields, lots of timber, and lakes. Anyone can enter the lottery at the place, and hunt and fish. 

They allow BP and slug hunting, as well as regular shotgun hunting.

We don't have many pheasants there, but lots of turkey, deer, and small game. The place is over-run with coyotes and bobcats, too. 

Our land manager doesn't want the cougers shot.  :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2 He says he will kick any hunter out that shoots them, even though the lions are legal to shoot in the entire state.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
Cougars are legal? :shock: :shock:

Wow. I would have thought that shooting one of them would get you into super hot water.

I guess Iowa is the easternmost state to allow hunting for the big cats!

Learn something new everyday! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
Cougars are legal? :shock: :shock:

Wow. I would have thought that shooting one of them would get you into super hot water.

I guess Iowa is the easternmost state to allow hunting for the big cats!

Learn something new everyday! O0 O0 O0

I don't think that they're technically "legal" to shoot, so much so that it isn't "illegal" to shoot them. O0

The position that KY takes with them is that there are no "wild" cougars in the state. :roll:  If there just happens to be some running around, they are released pets and are therefore classified as an "introduced / invasive" species, and do not have a season.

Here's an example..........

An 8lb. cougar kitten was killed on the highway in floyd county, ky. in 1997. The maternal DNA was of the south american species of cougar (most likely a captive that had escaped), and the paternal DNA is of the North American species.

Even though this is a documented case by a KDFWR biologist, they still say that they don't exist here.  :roll:  But........ there's more to it than meets the eye.....  O0  Here's WHY they "don't exist".

Was it really a hybrid with DNA of South American descent, or a cover up?

This brings us to the second question, which is why government agencies deny that cougar sightings have taken place, or say they are of South American origin. In large part, it's the fact that the eastern cougar is still on the federal endangered species list. If a state's wildlife agency officially agrees that there are eastern cougars running around, then suddenly they have a whole host of obligations. Conservation groups would descend on them, demanding efforts to nurture and protect this animal and it's habitat. They'd have to pay for studies and find the funds and the strategy for protecting the habitat. Private land owners might suddenly face development restrictions on what they can do with their own land.

Meanwhile, there'd be a whole other backlash from people concerned about the eventual consequences of living with a very large predator that can and does eat human beings on occasion. One group of hunters would be asking to hunt them right away while another group would be asking that they be protected and nurtured in order to produce a large enough population to hunt in small numbers indefinitely.

In a nutshell, officially admitting that there are wild cougars in an eastern state invites a political mess that none of these people really wants to deal with. Can you really blame them? So in response to sighting after sighting and article after article, wild life and other agencies give the same old 'swamp gas and weather balloons' routine, as if we were talking about unicorns or velociraptors hiding out in the Appalachian Mountains.

Their potential 'out' when some hunter finally shoots one and forces the issue into everyone's lap is the fact that, as I have explained here, odds are that these are not in fact eastern cougars at all but rather exotic pet trade hybrids. Hybrids which have no official status in wildlife regulations and are not considered endangered animals.

At that point, A state's wildlife agency will almost certainly attempt to calm everyone down by pointing out that these are the product of escaped pets. This is what other states have done in the same situation.(KY.?) That takes care of the legal protection issue, but as for the rest it changes nothing. In terms of either safety or a desire to restore the old ecology of the Appalachian's with a large, top level carnivorous cat, who the heck cares what subspecies it is? The worst part is that people usually swallow this kind of crap. And certainly states will say that we have no reason to think that the escaped animals are breeding, so they don't really count, etc. But you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that there is any reason why these cats wouldn't be doing what comes naturally and breeding in the wild.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »
Ours are natural born cats and a number have been killed here and close by, across the river in western Illinois. They are big and well fed cats.

Facebook Comments