October 23, 2017, 08:04:56 PM

Author Topic: Another Big Deer Thread  (Read 954 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Another Big Deer Thread
« on: October 30, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »
These guys just can't help themselves!  They keep shooting big ones!

This one was taken in eastern Jefferson County (Louisville), KY on 10/28/09 with a bow. :shock:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Another Big Deer Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
 :shock: good god almighty!

Kentucky is looking better and better to me for that trip next season.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
Either that guy is a little bitty feller or that deer is freaking HUGE!  Look at the deer's head size in relation to the guy's hand. :shock:

The pictures aren't doctored either.  I saw the post on another site and lifted the pictures from there.  The guy said that his dad had taken it the day before and would put the pictures up after he had gotten some sleep (this was about 7:00 AM, so the guy probably worked 3rd shift).  Along about 11:00 AM or so he posted the pictures.

There's definitely some hogs in KY, Jefferson County especially.  All of Jefferson County is considered "Metro Louisville".  The amount of available hunting ground is limited, but the deer numbers sure aren't!  Living in the outskirts of all of these subdivisions, they able to get old. O0

That one makes #5 that I've heard of that will go over 180" so far this year.  I'm sure there's a heck of a lot more than 5 though. :wink:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »
Either that guy is a little bitty feller or that deer is freaking HUGE!  Look at the deer's head size in relation to the guy's hand. :shock:

Yea I was thinking that looking at the middle pic.

That deer's rack is as big as dude's entire torso.

Definitely a hoss.

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
what the heck do the deer do? just walk out with a sign hanging on their butts saying "shoot me"?
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »
And here your picken on me for hunten the game park! ??? :-X
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
He's every bit 180 B&C.

If I'm seeing right he's got a second brow tine on the right side and if not for that deduction he'd be 190 or close to it.

Is it just me or does his neck look a little thick? Pre-rut maybe?

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »
Nice deer!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
He's every bit 180 B&C.

If I'm seeing right he's got a second brow tine on the right side and if not for that deduction he'd be 190 or close to it.

Is it just me or does his neck look a little thick? Pre-rut maybe?

Yeah, he's definitely a hoss. :shock:  Even with the deduction from the extra point, my guess is he'll still go close, if not over, 190.  Between the main beam length and the mass of the rack, he's going to score really well.

Right now is our pre-rut, so I'm sure he's been getting a little "pumped up" for it. :wink:  Or at least, he was. ;D O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:07:40 AM »
How old would you guess that deer to be, BC?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments