December 11, 2017, 10:24:43 AM

Author Topic: Safety Advisory for .17 HMR Semi-Autos  (Read 7309 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Safety Advisory for .17 HMR Semi-Autos
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »
I believe ya, Nick!  O0 My longest squirrel kill shot was with a Model 60 shooting a Stinger. It was a smart old buck fox squirrel that had a den in a half dead big oak tree.

We could never get within decent range of the rascal because of a huge patch of briars below the tree.  The big old cuss had a great view from the tree and would dart down the limb into his hole.  :tickedoff :knuppel2 We tried for years to nail him, to no avail, until I took the long shot as he sunned on his favorite limb.

My brothers were with me and witnessed the shot. They were astounded as I when the squirrel dropped. The Stinger drilled him clean through his head.  :buck2 A lot of luck and Kentucky windage brought the rascal down.

When we got to the briar patch, it took me a good 15 minutes or better of stomping and bulling my way through the patch to recover the drilled varmint.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:41 AM »
I believe ya, Nick!  O0 My longest squirrel kill shot was with a Model 60 shooting a Stinger. It was a smart old buck fox squirrel that had a den in a half dead big oak tree.

We could never get within decent range of the rascal because of a huge patch of briars below the tree.  The big old cuss had a great view from the tree and would dart down the limb into his hole.  :tickedoff :knuppel2 We tried for years to nail him, to no avail, until I took the long shot as he sunned on his favorite limb.

My brothers were with me and witnessed the shot. They were astounded as I when the squirrel dropped. The Stinger drilled him clean through his head.  :buck2 A lot of luck and Kentucky windage brought the rascal down.

When we got to the briar patch, it took me a good 15 minutes or better of stomping and bulling my way through the patch to recover the drilled varmint.

:idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2 

MAYBE when BC goes on vacation. The rest of us just aren't usually quick enough to seize the opportunity like he does.

Vacation?  ???  What's that?  ???  ???  ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 09:22:50 AM »
:idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2     :idiot2 

Vacation?  ???  What's that?  ???  ???  ???
  :shock: :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D Vacation? Your GRAVY JOB is a vacation!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »
Vacation? Your GRAVY JOB is a vacation!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You got NO ROOM to talk about a gravy job there old man. :roll: ;D

By the way, the  :idiot2  = Crazy Old Man.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pretty much says it all. O0 ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »
You got NO ROOM to talk about a gravy job there old man. :roll: ;D

By the way, the  :idiot2  = Crazy Old Man.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pretty much says it all. O0 ;D
  :shock: :tickedoff :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D I do admit, some days are pretty laid back and easy, but the hard/bad ones make up for it.

They recently installed a beautiful $100,000 polished stone mounument at work, dedicated to the people killed on the job at my workplace. The mounument list of names is pretty long and sits close to HQ.

One defect of the stone mounument is the names carved into the stone can't be read with it rains and the carvings gets wet.  :sad:  ???

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »
  :shock: :tickedoff :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D I do admit, some days are pretty laid back and easy, but the hard/bad ones make up for it.

They recently installed a beautiful $100,000 polished stone mounument at work, dedicated to the people killed on the job at my workplace. The mounument list of names is pretty long and sits close to HQ.

One defect of the stone mounument is the names carved into the stone can't be read with it rains and the carvings gets wet.  :sad:  ???
what do you work as, john rambo? (sarcasm) but really what do you work as?
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 09:18:13 PM »
He rides around a large petting zoo anihalating anything in his path
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 09:53:20 AM »
  ;D :twisted: Yes, while armed to the teeth.  :twisted: If I told ya where I am what I do, I couldn't let ya live, jth1.  :wink:  ;D

Actually, I patol a military installation that is a hunter and fisherman's paradise. I play MP and conservation officer while on duty.

It is where they make munitions for the military, a pretty big place.Years ago I used to make all kinds of munitions for the military there, and transferred to my present job because of my experience prior to making big boom things that kills the enemy.

We are pestered by much of the wildlife that plays on the roads, some of which decides to throw themseves in front of our vehicles. The deer rut is on and we have very interesting times on the roads at night.  Last night I had several close calls with deer.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
Actually, I patol a military installation that is a hunter and fisherman's paradise. I play MP and conservation officer while on duty.

It is where they make munitions for the military, a pretty big place.Years ago I used to make all kinds of munitions for the military there, and transferred to my present job because of my experience prior to making big boom things that kills the enemy.

We are pestered by much of the wildlife that plays on the roads, some of which decides to throw themseves in front of our vehicles. The deer rut is on and we have very interesting times on the roads at night.  Last night I had several close calls with deer.

Basically, John just took 3 paragraphs to explain what Ray summed up in 1 sentence......

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »
Very good, rascals!  :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D It does have a ring of truth in it, though.  :wink: :roll: ;D Some, I do not brake for, such as coyotes. In fact, I floor the gas pedal.  :twisted: :buck2 I got 2 last month.

A few years ago I hit a turkey, one of several I could not avoid. When I informed my crusty old Captain, his reply was, "You SOB, you drive around with your mouth watering"!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Facebook Comments