October 21, 2017, 01:30:47 PM

Author Topic: Good place to hunt for bear  (Read 4214 times)

Offline texasrazor

Good place to hunt for bear
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:11 PM »
Any of you pro bear hunters know of a good place to hunt bear. 

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Good place to hunt for bear
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:09:37 AM »
I think they filled all the the tags in Okla. now. Last check they had 19 out of the 20 alotted/ But I think Arkansas has some hunting open.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:08:03 AM »
Don't rightly know.  I hadn't given bear hunting much thought, other than figuring that I would have to go into Canada somewhere to get one.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »
Being in Texas, I guess Arkansas would be your closest bet.

I've hunted bear in Georgia and North Carolina and have alway's used dog's in the areas I hunted, it seems to be your best bet if you're intent is spefically to take a bear.

The areas here in Georgia that offer bear hunting but where dogs are not legal; tend to have most of the guys who kill a bear doing so by accident while they were deer hunting and a bear just happened to walk by.

You might want to look at some of the places to the west of you too. I've never hunted for bear out west but I know states like Idaho, Oregon and even California have good bear hunting.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
I got a great place picked out. Right between the pararrie dogs and coyotes. On a clear week day I can just make out the Zebras too.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Outfitter17

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 10:11:38 PM »
texasrazor,

Do you have any criteria on where you want to hunt? What you want to hunt with bow/slug/rifle? Color phase? Price?
Matt Koerbitz

Camp Manitou
Lower Manitou Lake, Ont. Canada
Canadian Fishing and Hunting Camp
Ice fishing, Summer fishing, Fall Deer and Bear Hunts
campmanitou@hotmail.com
www.campmanitoufishing.com

1-800-766-0876

Offline texasrazor

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »
Area not specific, price is always a topic.  And it will be with archery equipment.  This hunt would be filmed for Mathews TV as well and the guide or ranch if wanted would recieve the advertisement as well as a 15 second banner at the end of the show.  I know 15 seconds don't sound like much but on the Outdoor Channel 15 seconds is like spending 3 thousand dollars.

It can be with dogs, or over a baited area as the only animal I believe the Outdoor Channel will allow, and Mathews TV will air is a Bear over bait.  So if you know of anyone that would like to pump up their advertisement for the cost of a Bear this will be a very good opportunity to so. 

Offline wheelz

• Applied for my club membership...
    • Follow Me Outdoors
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 03:15:27 PM »
there is some decent hunting in New Mexico, but i'd go to manitoba, sask. or alberta if you want to get serious about hunting a big bear in the spring.  in alberta you can take 2 bears too so i'd tend to go there.
"All the greatest accomplishments, at first, seemed impossible."

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »
We have some nice bears in MN and WI.  You might want to check around for guides in the northern states. 
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
To quote someone great ' often as not bears and lions are found where they are'
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments