October 19, 2017, 07:41:04 PM

Author Topic: I couldn't help myself.  (Read 2964 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: I couldn't help myself.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »
Sounds good, TK77!  O0 I bet it shoots good.
There is a happy revolution going on with rifle makers. They have to make accurate and reliable rifles with decent triggers to stay in the race. Too many of us got tired of having to add expensive after market parts and/or a lot of skilled labor and time to upgrade our guns.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:37:10 AM »
Should be all good on picking this bad boy up over the weekend.

Can't wait to shoot it and see what all the fuss is about. That is if I don't get a dud.  :buck2 :buck2

The way my luck goes sometimes it wouldn't surprise me.

Gotta get it scoped and sight it in next week sometime.. and then I'll have all of December to hunt with it.  O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:44 PM »
Outstanding!! O0 O0

You're the first guy I know who's bought one. All my Marlin's have been lever's but I've loved 'em! O0 O0

You'll be REQUIRED to give us a total technical sit. rep. on it and you must do it within the next two weeks!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
You'll be REQUIRED to give us a total technical sit. rep. on it and you must do it within the next two weeks!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

YEAH!  What he said!  :wink: :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

Sir, yes sir!

You can count on it.  O0 O0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:50:13 PM by TK77 »

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 12:35:58 AM »
Picked her up this past Saturday.

First impression is WOW :shock: :shock: .. Marlin did a fine job on this one.

A very well built rifle. Straight and to the point.

Havn't had a chance to get a scope on it and sight it in yet.

Will get it done this week sometime I'm sure.

I'll post some pics and let yall know how it shoots when I do.  O0 O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
Cool.  Congrats on finally getting your hands on the new toy. O0

Let us know how the beast shoots.  I'm seriously considering getting one just based upon what I've read about them.  But I need a 'good ol boy' opinion first too before I spend the money. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 12:45:31 AM »
Picked up an el-cheapo scope for the new 308 today.

Not sure I like how the scope sits on it but it'll do for now.. I gotta get this thing out in the woods.. and  I can always upgrade down the road.  :)

Planning on getting it zeroed in tomorrow or Friday since it'll be fairly nice out... though it'll probably be next week sometime before I can get out in the woods with it. Supposed to be some snow rolling in Saturday.

Will report back with how it shoots.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »
Good lookin' shootin' iron. O0  I may have to have my brother start watching for one on some of the auction sites he goes to. :wink:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 12:33:35 AM »
Finally got to shoot it today... but had to hurry because daylight was running out quick.

Got it to a point where a deer stands no chance if he (or she) makes the mistake of trotting out in front of me.

Some snow is rolling in tomorrow morning so I'm gonna be out there early. Hopefully a biggun' will decide to show himself.

Marlin XS7 shoots wonderfully. Didn't get any pics since I didn't have my camera with me.

Maybe I'll have some luck in the morning.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:40:44 AM by TK77 »

Facebook Comments