October 23, 2017, 08:32:22 PM

Author Topic: I couldn't help myself.  (Read 2966 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: I couldn't help myself.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
SWEET looking rifle, now get a big one!! O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »
Well hell... deer season is officially over in my neck of the woods.   :'( :'(

Didn't have much luck this year... though with work and other things going wrong I didn't get to hunt as much as usual.

Killed a couple does.. but didn't really see any bucks worth shooting.

Next year will be here before you know it though.. and that means I have a whole year to get more acquainted with the Marlin. I will enjoy it.  :) :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
Well hell... deer season is officially over in my neck of the woods.   :'( :'(

Didn't have much luck this year... though with work and other things going wrong I didn't get to hunt as much as usual.

Killed a couple does.. but didn't really see any bucks worth shooting.

Next year will be here before you know it though.. and that means I have a whole year to get more acquainted with the Marlin. I will enjoy it.  :) :)
If it's brown it's down!  :twisted: O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »
I may be right there with you by next year. :wink:  I want one, but haven't decided on the specifics for it yet. :-\
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
Yeah, those are nice looking rifles! Nice caliber, pretty low recoil and accurate.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 12:55:45 PM »
Good stuff BC... you won't regret it.   O0 O0

And your right Mr. Andrews.. it's a very accurate rifle. I look forward to shooting it more.

When I do finally get to shoot it more I'll post some pics of the results.

Work has dampered my outdoors activities here lately but I'm gonna remedy that asap.

At least I got some fishing coming up to tide me over till next years deer season.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
.308 good round! One of my sons whacked an elk a few weeks ago, dropped the critter right in its tracks with his .308.

We had some .308 sniper rifles I really liked shooting. All of them were really accurate and that's what counts, bottom line.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »
I've got my brother looking for the XL7W (with the walnut stock) in .30-06. :twisted:  I like the looks of the walnut stock better than the synthetic.  He's got one in .270 with the black synthetic stock, but I don't need another .270. :roll:

We'll have to see what he comes up with. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 04:25:00 AM »
 O0 O0  Good stuff BC.

The walnut stocked XL7s do look good.

Have you seen the laminated version yet?... beautiful rifle.

I haven't seen a walnut or laminated XL7 around here yet.. but if a laminated one shows up anywhere I might have to grab it myself.

:shock: :shock:   I think I got Marlin fever.  :shock: :shock:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 08:54:28 AM »
:shock: :shock:   I think I got Marlin fever.  :shock: :shock:

Some people (I won't mention any names John) talk bad about Marlin rifles, but they're proven meat-getters. O0  Sometimes they aren't the most attractive guns, but putting food on the table ain't a beauty contest. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments