December 16, 2017, 05:58:45 AM

Author Topic: Carbon Express Broadheads  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Carbon Express Broadheads
« on: November 11, 2009, 12:17:42 AM »
Has anyone used carbon express 3 blades? 75-125 gr. Or does anyone know of any reviews on them? Thanks!
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Carbon Express Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »
Hey, welcome to the gang, Carl! Sorry, I am no expert to answer your question.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Carl77

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »
Yeah, I had to go cheap this year because the bow cost so much but I want to use new broadheads next year...any suggestions????
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »
It's not necessarily what shoots best for someone else as what shoots best for you. O0

That being said, I know quite a few people have had good luck with Rage broadheads.  You may want to check into Slick Tricks and then there's the good old stand by of Muzzy and Thunderhead. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »
I have been a Thunderhead guy for a long time......I just made the switch this year to Rage.......I made my first kill this weekend and will NEVER shoot anything else  O0.....Just my opinion

Schink
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline Carl77

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »
Big58Cal you got a point. Im just curious does it matter the actual length of the broadhead and does a 4 blade throw off an arrow with three fletches? That might be a stupid question but you never know
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
I don't think the actual 'length' matters as much as the 'width' (in bowhunting at least  :wink: ).  Really wide bladed broadheads will windplane quite a bit.  That's why expandables, with little to no exposed blade, are so accurate.

As for the 3 vs. 4 blade, I really couldn't tell you if it makes a difference.  I shot 4 blade Wasp broadheads the first year I bowhunted, but after that I shot 3 blade Thunderhead 125's.  This year, I'm shooting 3 blade Excalibur Boltcutters.  I know several people that get excellent accuracy from 4 blade heads, I just really don't have any experience with them.

If you're short on funds, you should be able to find some old Thunderheads or Muzzy broadheads in a Bargain Bin somewhere.  They shouldn't cost that much and are really good heads, having been put through the wringer for years.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Carl77

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »
My dad shoots muzzy's and lives by them. Before i bought my new bow I shot Kolpin three blades, probably never heard of em haha. I went from the ol Bear Whitetail Classic to the Lights Out. I thought it was time for an upgrade. I just dont know what would be the most accurate to my setup. :-\
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline silbowhunter

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »
If you're short on funds, you should be able to find some old Thunderheads or Muzzy broadheads in a Bargain Bin somewhere.  They shouldn't cost that much and are really good heads, having been put through the wringer for years. 

if thats the case check out Slick Tricks they haven't been around as long as Thunderheads or Muzzy but are a great broad head.

Here is a reliable on line store with a good price and free shipping on orders over $20.
MeanV (Dan) will treat you right.

https://www.meanvarchery.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=19&zenid=a9967aa1583803592c9b696c57c2391b

Mod's
If links to other sites aren't allowed please delete the link.
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through

Gut Pile Gangster

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
I got some rages and ripped a does throat out with them I would recomend these to anyone they are incredably accurate and will rip through your target but if you do get the 2 blade because I geuss the 3 blades don't always open but 2 did for me. O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Facebook Comments