December 13, 2017, 01:58:38 PM

Author Topic: Howdy from N. Carolina  (Read 751 times)

Offline Wildman

Howdy from N. Carolina
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:36:51 PM »
Hello folks,
Wildman here (accent on the first syllable, please :). I'm a newspaper reporter and columnist who traps critters, uses flintlocks to hunt deer, and occasionally hunts feral hogs. I'm also a predator caller. If you're so inclined, you can read some of my articles at whiteville.com and bladenonline.com.
Missus and myself live east of White Lake, N.C., between Colly Bay and the Cape Fear River. Little settlement called Lagoon. What time I am not at church I'm at work or in the field. You can view videos of our pet 850-pound hog on my facebook page.

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Howdy from N. Carolina
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »
Welcome to the pile Wm! O0 O0 Grab a bowl of stew and listen to BC's ramblings awhile! O0 :roll:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »
Welcome to the pile Wm! O0 O0 Grab a bowl of stew and listen to BC's ramblings awhile! O0 :roll:

My ramblings??  ???  At least people can understand me. :roll:

Glad to have you around Wildman. O0  I can see you've already met Nutz (no name could have suited him better .....  :idiot2 ).  He's a peaceful enough feller, you just have to watch where you step around him.  He's not entirely house-broken. >:(

John Andrews is another one around here that you learn to treat like your wife.  Just nod a lot and say, "Yes dear".  He's on up in his years, so .............  :idiot2

Then there's our illustrious site owner/webmaster............  :roll:  We think he's a PETA spy or something like that.  We've yet to see or hear of him actually "killing" an animal.  The only thing we've been able to verify is that he releases critters unharmed.  :roll: :shock:

So anyway, pull up a chunk of wood and have a sit for a spell.  Watch the smoke and be sure to stay upwind. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
Hey, how did I get dragged into this?  :tickedoff ;D
Welcome to the gang, Wildman! I think you are going to fit in really fine!  O0

And as for the rascal BC, he gets a double portion of my famous camp stew.  :twisted: It will even deworm hogs and hounds, great stuff. :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments