October 23, 2017, 05:51:02 AM

Author Topic: NUMBER 5 DOWN  (Read 486 times)

Offline BUDFIELDS

NUMBER 5 DOWN
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
WOW...

WHAT A REMARKABLE SEASON SO FAR... Sunday morning, I had a HUGE doe come charging in. She was being chased by CASANOVA BUCK!!! I had to slowly stand up and turn to make the shot.

The ol' 50 cal. CVA double-lunged her and she went less than 20 yards before her hind legs buckled and she dropped right there.. She field dressed EXACTLY 130 lbs. and the biologist aged her at 2 1/2 years.

That brings the total to 5 deer this season. That DANDY 9 pointer and now, 4 does that have field dressed from 110 lbs. to 130 lbs. FULL FREEZER... HUNTING LIFE IS GREAT!!

Bud Fields

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: NUMBER 5 DOWN
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
Outstanding Bud!!!  O0  Man, you're really stocking up for winter aren't you?  O0 O0  Sure as heck lowers the grocery bills.

The wife took some of the deer over the weekend and made a big kettle of vegetable soup. :D  Man that stuff was good!!!

How many more can you get up there?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
Congrats on number 5.

Man I can't wait to get out there myself.

Gun season started Saturday.. but things were just too dang busy around here for me to get out.

Next weekend will be here before you know it though... and luckily our gun season runs all the way to January 2nd up here. Hopefuly I'll get the 5 deer I'm allowed by then.  O0

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »
Way to go bud! Congrats on the killen!!! O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »
Congrats Bud!  O0 O0 O0 Way to wack 'em and stack 'em :knuppel2
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Facebook Comments