October 23, 2017, 08:32:27 PM

Author Topic: Disease in North Carolina  (Read 694 times)

Offline Wildman

Disease in North Carolina
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »
Greetings, gentlemen–
It is with a red face that I must admit I badly screwed up in a news story Monday in the Whiteville News Reporter. It was purely a mental malfunction on my part.No excuses -- just human error that has allegedly caused a national panic.
Anyway, for the record, there is NO Chronic Wasting Disease in North Carolina, according to the Wildlife Resources Commission. Repeat – NO CWS! We do have epizootic hemmorhagic, but not CWS.
If you hear this rumor, or read the erroneous story (which got way out on the 'net before it was corrected) please tell the sender that you got it from the horse's -- err, mouth –– who made the error. For more, go to www.whiteville.com, www.ncwildlife.org, or email Yours Truly.
Having humbled myself, the site is cool. I'm a trapper, primitive hunter, fisherman, and occasional hog stabber, when I'm not at work at either of our newspapers or at church. If ye ever get down in the White Lake area of North Carolina, holler me up.
Svnt.,
Wildman

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Disease in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »
Well, I'm sure glad you cleared that up, Wildman!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »
Dude, I was hopen they would be sending out free tag books to kill all living animals down that way! :-\  Oh well, John doesnt need any fresh meat yet!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »
Dude, I was hopen they would be sending out free tag books to kill all living animals down that way! :-\  Oh well, John doesnt need any fresh meat yet!
  ;D Not yet. I still have two freezers full. Well, actually three, including the side by side freezer/frig.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:09:02 PM »
Well that sucks, i was gonna use that as my excuse as to why I onlu saw 4 deer in six days hunting. Guess now I will have to blame it on the 3 1/2 days of hard rain and 30 mph wind! :shock: >:(

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »
Well that sucks, i was gonna use that as my excuse as to why I onlu saw 4 deer in six days hunting. Guess now I will have to blame it on the 3 1/2 days of hard rain and 30 mph wind! :shock: >:(

Ned
I think a fella could sure count that in!  :sad:

Facebook Comments