October 23, 2017, 08:18:32 PM

Author Topic: The buzzards are circling...  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
The buzzards are circling...
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 09:54:50 PM »
Sounds like fun!  I used to work in Nusiance Wildlife Control.  I had a blast doing it, but it didn't pay worth a crap!  I've had a couple of 20+ lb. coons on the end of a catch pole/rabies stick.  Talk about an adrenaline rush!!!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 04:00:50 AM »
hey john, what is a cottimundi? i don't think i've heard of that.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 05:30:04 AM »
Southern sun, I think I spelled it with one too many "t's", but it is a Central American animal that is found into Mexico and southern Texas. They look like a cross between a 'coon and a long legged dog like creature, and they are like a 50 lb. coon on steroids. They have a long ringled tail and longer legs than a coon, and the body is considerably longer. They live in trees quite a bit, and have long canines and pretty long claws, kinda like some badger tossed in the mix. They growl like a badger, and dig just like one. When I found the critter, it had dug a hole down through the edge of a gravel road! I can't figure why, seeing all the easier digging nearby. The road was right next to a corn field, and the corn was about 12" high. They are colored quite a bit like a 'coon, also. The one I captured had mange over one eye and his face. Want to know what pi$$ed me off about the whole deal? We called the state of Iowa and they said they would send someone to pick it up. Well, after 3 days of no show, one of my Lt.s was ordered to take it out and shoot it. So he did, took the coti, still in the box, and went to an isolated area. He sat the box on the ground and backed off a couple of paces, and blasted the boxed coti with the 12 GA. riot gun. Blasted coti all over his uniform, too. When I heared about it, the whole state of Iowa had already gotten all over the installation for the deal. The animal is not native to this state and is thereby protected. I felt really sorry for the coti. If I had known what the outcome was going to be, I would have never have captured it. The Lt. was cleared, as he was ordered to do what he did. The Capt. that ordered the Lt. is no longer with us, nor is the Lt., but for other reasons.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments