October 20, 2017, 03:14:23 AM

Author Topic: 2009 Whitetail Buck Tag Filled  (Read 715 times)

Offline ULTRAreel

2009 Whitetail Buck Tag Filled
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:47:37 AM »
Friday morning just after dawn my brother, father and I put a classic bush push into action. My brother and myself started at two ends of a forked coulee that's known to hold a few whitetails. Dad set up at the other end of the coulee after the forks converged. With the morning sun at his back, he gave the "go ahead" over the walkies.

Five minutes into the walk I was getting some footage of a giant rub when I heard a crash behind me. I swung around to see a whitetail buck headed directly towards the cresting sun. A quick announcement went out including the fact that I didn't get a good look at him because of his direction of travel. About 60 seconds later a single shot rang out from dads 270, and an announcement came back, "bucks down".

Rarely does a push work out that quickly or with such a good end result. The buck was headed directly towards the sun, and passed dad without seeing him at 60 yds. By the time the tag was on, and the buck was dressed, and in the back of the truck it was 8 a.m. If you look close you can see the fresh bark in the base of his antlers, presumably from the rub I was investigating when he bumped.

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_picture.php?viewkey=6f236fabf61d614a3281

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 2009 Whitetail Buck Tag Filled
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:11:51 AM »
Now thats a nice one bud, congrats... O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 08:53:09 AM »
Pretty good buck.  Congrats to your dad. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
Yep, he done good!  O0 Nice deer!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »
Very nice deer sir! O0

OK BC that's what you need to do....

Start up a website like ULTRAreel has his picture on. You can make it for da's like me who can't figure out how to post a picture.

We'd have to put up a disclaimer though when showing Tnutz's photo's.....

Wouldn't want to SCARE everybody away! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »
Very nice deer sir! O0

OK BC that's what you need to do....

Start up a website like ULTRAreel has his picture on. You can make it for da's like me who can't figure out how to post a picture.

We'd have to put up a disclaimer though when showing Tnutz's photo's.....

Wouldn't want to SCARE everybody away! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink:

We'll see what we can do to make it Bohica proof. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments