November 21, 2017, 07:13:04 AM

Author Topic: Some more big KY deer  (Read 2422 times)

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Some more big KY deer
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »
 :shock: :shock:  Good lord.

Alot of big deer falling in KY.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »
:shock: :shock:  Good lord.

Alot of big deer falling in KY.

That's one thing that I will have to say, the state does produce a lot of them.  The single most influential reason why is the 1 buck limit.  Love it or hate it, it does make people pass on a lot of young deer, holding out for a bigger one. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
Found another one. :roll:  Don't know the story on it though............  >:(

The thickness of that rack alone will get it in P&Y if it was shot with a bow. B&C might be a tad below what it takes for non-typical.....But I'd a ZAPPED it so fast it would make your head spin!! O0 O0 O0 O0 :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »
 :shock: I for sure wouldn't pass on that one, either!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »
Found anothern......

This one was taken Nov. 3rd.  Don't know where at though, other than in KY somewhere.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »
Here's another one I found..............

Ganted, the guy is holding the rack closer to the camera to make it look bigger, but it's still a pretty big one.  This one was taken in the Willard area of Carter County I believe.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 09:53:39 AM »
 :shock: Wow! those rank better than just "good" bucks!
I consider you a good judge of wildlife, BC. In your opinion, have you noticed an increase in size and number of big bucks in Kentucky over the past few years?

From the sidelines here, I think your state program is perhaps paying off with more and bigger bucks.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »
There's definitely been an increase in the number of big deer being taken.  The 1-buck rule has helped more than anything, but a lot of people are letting the little ones walk and waiting for a bigger one.  They sure don't get any bigger in your freezer. :wink:

I think with the internet too, word of big ones spreads a lot quicker now days.  There's basically 1 big outdoor show in the area, held each year in March.  Used to be, that was where you went to see a lot of the big bucks that were taken.  Now, with the internet and discussion boards, pretty much as soon as one is taken, people know about it.

People get too caught up in the score though.  Sure it's nice to get a big buck, but there's people on another board that I'm on that will only shoot a deer if it scores above "xx" number of inches. :idiot2  I can still look around the room and remember where I took each one of my deer and what all was involved with it.  Them big racks are nice, but you can't eat them. :wink:  Well, at least not the big boney ones anyway. O0 ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »
Good one taken in Lawrence County.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »
Found anothern......

This one was taken Nov. 3rd.  Don't know where at though, other than in KY somewhere.

Look at the thickness on the base and even the tines!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments