December 16, 2018, 04:35:46 PM

Author Topic: finally a buck for marcus!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: finally a buck for marcus!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »
Way to go bud! O0 O0 Looks like enough to grease the skillet! O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 12:35:30 PM »
 O0 O0  Not bad at all.

Congrats man.

Offline marcus

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »
thanks    I am just happy I did not freeze up again.  We knew this buck was in there as well as a fewer smaller ones and one that is believed to be bigger. When I first saw him walk in I thought he was one of the smaller ones and I am probably lucky that I did not see he was a big one or I would have been shaking worse. I did get him through the lungs with the first slug grazed with another (when he started running and looked unhurt eve though I felt the first shot was good) I unloaded the gun on him but was shaking so badly my follow-ups were way off. I did not find any sign of a hit at first and got worried I had missed altogether luckily I found a drop of blood as it was getting dark and then walked to where I thought I had heard it crash 200 yards at least away. He did hit the ground but managed to drag himself another 100 yards up a hill wher he expired. sorry if am going on but this was an exciting hunt.  I am pretty sure he came in after the bleat can   and doe piss I had spread. Alot of people tell me calling and scents are not needed and don't really help, I disagree and feel happy I was sticking to my "technique"   this deer will be tough to top especially in this area but I will give it my best. I sure am happy I scouted on foot alot this year.  happy thanksgiving.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 10:44:59 AM »
Ain't no reason for apologizing for going on. O0  That's a nice deer.  I'm sure you were probably a whole lot shorter in your story than some others would have been. ;D

During the pre-rut and rut, scents and calls can be the difference between punching a tag and not. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 09:32:13 PM »
Wow  :shock: thats a good one , congrats!!!!!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 08:24:50 AM »
Great buck man, congrats!!! O0 O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 08:16:05 PM »
Sweet!! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments