November 22, 2017, 07:47:38 AM

Author Topic: What a morning.......  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Nick_T

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Can I shoot one time?
What a morning.......
« on: November 29, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »
Kevincole put the woopin on me this morning. All 4 common color phases on one hunt! Brown, Silver, Brown/Black, and Silver/Black. He was a machine. I didn't even put my piddly little gray in the mix. LOL.

Close up.......

And guess who got to lug these big critters around..........

Great morning, not too cold, had a blast watching the kid blast these monster squirrels!

Nick T

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: What a morning.......
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 01:04:20 PM »
 O0 O0  Congrats to the little guy.

Looks like good times.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »
Congrats to Kc. Those colors are awesome. Your building memories right there. When you are long gone and he sits in a deer stand alone watching the squirrels play all around him, these memories will come flooding back and put a smile on his face and a tear in his eye.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
Congrats to Kc. Those colors are awesome. Your building memories right there. When you are long gone and he sits in a deer stand alone watching the squirrels play all around him, these memories will come flooding back and put a smile on his face and a tear in his eye.
  O0 O0 O0 O0 Nicely said! I bet he does, and gives thanks to his dad many times over.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »
That's pretty cool, Nick! O0  Tell the boy congrats!

The boy and I went this morning to thin some out around the feeder.  The first one showed up and I asked if he wanted to shoot it.  "Nope, you shoot it."  One shot, 1 squirrel missing part of his head. O0

A little bit later, the second one showed up.  I tried to get the boy ready, but found out he was too short to shoot out the window. ;D  I took a couple of pieces of 2x4 that were in there and stacked them up for him to stand on.  He finally got situated, shot, and missed! ;D

We waited a little bit and he came back. :twisted:  Mason kept trying to get situated and find the squirrel in the scope.  The squirrel decided he didn't want to stick around with all of the commotion going on down there. ;D  He left pretty quick.

While we were waiting for him to come back, I told the boy that if he did come back, I better shoot him because he was going to be really skittish.  He came back eventually, hopped up on the side of the trough and started staring down there at us.  He didn't stare long. :twisted: O0

While we were waiting for another to show up, some crows started hollering behind us.  I opened up a little swinging door on the back of the shack, found the crow, and directly dropped him out of the tree. :twisted:

A little later, another squirrel showed up at the feeder.  The boy got a good rest, found the squirrel, squeezed, and missed!  ;D  This time, the squirrel just stayed there. :shock:  I haven't gotten a magazine for the little CZ yet, so it's still a single shot.  The squirrel decided he didn't want to stick around while I reloaded the gun. >:(

We ended up with 2 gray squirrels that were ROLLING in fat! :shock:  If my bullets hadn't have killed them, they would have died of heart attacks!  2 is better than nothing though. O0  And the boy found out that hitting them little squirrels is a lot harder than it looks. ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »
Appreciate it ya'll. I liken his accomplishment today as to be kinda like shooting a grand slam in turkeys. It's as much fun to watch him shoot as it is for me to pull the trigger myself. Only thing I wish is that I had brought the camcorder with us today but I left it at home.  :tickedoff

Big58cal, great story there, looks like both of ya'll had a great time. 452 clips are kinda pricey but make things nice if ya can find one. The smile of your boy's face says it all!

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:58:50 AM »
Great hunting stories! Yep, those boys are going to be real squirrel hunters and always thank their dads for the education and the great times in the woods.  :) It's a good bet their children will enjoy the same.

To think of all the young folks that never had such outings is sad, but it's good to know there are adults out there taking youngsters on outings and teach them lifelong lessons afield.

Having fun with dad, no equal.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
Congrats to both you guys and your partners!! O0 O0 O0 O0

That's the way to get it done!! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 12:08:24 AM »
Congrats! O0 you the side kick now. :twisted:
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Facebook Comments