December 18, 2018, 09:14:13 PM

Author Topic: Finally some horns!!!  (Read 759 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Finally some horns!!!
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:18:02 AM »
Well I took off for Thanksgiving a day early and headed back down to eastern NC. Got to my parents house about 2:30 and unpacked. I asked both girls which one wanted to go hunting that afternoon and niether of them did. ??? So off I went and was up the stand by 3. At 3:15 some dogs jumped some deer in the cut over behind me but headed the other way. At about 4:30 I notice something white across the field that was not there ealier. I forgot my binos so I raised the rifle and saw a doe standing at the edge of the field giving it a good looking over. She eased on out and began eating soy beans and I was not shooting does because I had decided it was a buck or nothing for me and everything was fair game for the girls. So as I sat there trying to video her I noticed another odd white thing at the edge of the woods. Before I got my gun up the other deer came out into the field. I could tell at 150 yards that it had more on its head than ears. When I got my scope on him I noticed good G2's and that he was tall and that he was for sure good enough to ride in the back of my truck!!! O0 He was perfectly broadside when I sent that 150 grain Federal Fusion thru his shoulder and dropped him instantly. He was all rutted up and stinking, guess a little loving got him killed! ;D ;D He is a main frame 8 with a cool 3" sticker off his right base. His right G3 was broken almost completely off with his left G3 the tip was broken off. This is the second buck in 2 years out of this field that had been busted up. Sure wish I could see the buck doing the busting. :shock:

MissStrutter struck out again this trip with no sightings off any deer. Wish I could find out what is up with her luck. Took her up to Va. to my old club to dog hunt on Sat. and had a blast. My dad killed a doe and I missed one. Guess bein gaway from dog hunting for 4 years got to me more than I thought. Dad said I should be able to hit a running deer if I can hit running rabbits with no problem. I informed him I couold not hit the rabbits most of the time either!!! ;D ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Finally some horns!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:20:39 AM »
Nice deer and it was sure nice of you to give him a ride in your truck.  O0 :) Daughters luck will change for the better, I hope.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:55:26 AM »
That's a pretty cool looking rack.  Congrats! O0

Your daughters are about like Mason.  I'm beginning to think he's bad luck for me.  Every time he's with me we never see any deer. ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline marcus

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:15:53 PM »
nice buck  O0 

Offline TK77

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
O0 O0  Not bad at all.  Congrats.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
Way to go bro!! O0 O0 O0 O0

I'm so happy you're also keeping the doggin' of deer alive and well!!
That's my favorite type of deer hunting, but it's just to expensive and too far to go for me to do it this year.

But I love to hear the stories!!! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments