December 18, 2017, 02:13:02 AM

Author Topic: Man, this weather bites!  (Read 5999 times)

Offline Nick_T

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Can I shoot one time?
Man, this weather bites!
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:28:09 AM »
I haven't fired a shot at a live target since Thanksgiving weekend! Rains every weekend, very little nice weather during the week. Off and on rain projected through Wed., if it's clear the latter part of the week some squirrels are going to die! I'm going crazy, killing squacks is my pressure relief valve.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Man, this weather bites!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
I haven't fired a shot at a live target since Thanksgiving weekend! Rains every weekend, very little nice weather during the week. Off and on rain projected through Wed., if it's clear the latter part of the week some squirrels are going to die! I'm going crazy, killing squacks is my pressure relief valve.

Nick T
Spoken like the true squirrel hunter you are, Nick!  O0 Yep, lousy weather is maddening! This time of the year, the window of when the squirrels are out is on many days, a narrow one or not at all.  :'(

The squirrel population where you hunt seems to be really good. That would add to the aggravation. All those squirrels and they are snugly tucked away in their dens, laughing.   :tickedoff :knuppel2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
That's why he shoots a lowly .22.  With as many squirrels as he's got down there, a .17 HMR would break him. ;D

Guess I'm going to have to start concentrating on the squirrels now, since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get another deer. >:(

Gotta set up some hunts with some guys that have squirrel dogs to see how their dogs hunt. O0  I'm still planning on getting one in the spring and have been reading up on them as much as I can until then. :wink:  The wife isn't too happy about the idea of another dog, but she's just a poor woman......... She doesn't understand. :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »
yeah we had about 6 or 7 inches of snow up here and it started to all melt away todayy. The spot i squirrel hunt most often is full of creeks and hills and now its al mudd with snow spread about it
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:48:56 AM »
That's why he shoots a lowly .22.  With as many squirrels as he's got down there, a .17 HMR would break him. ;D

Guess I'm going to have to start concentrating on the squirrels now, since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get another deer. >:(

Gotta set up some hunts with some guys that have squirrel dogs to see how their dogs hunt. O0  I'm still planning on getting one in the spring and have been reading up on them as much as I can until then. :wink:  The wife isn't too happy about the idea of another dog, but she's just a poor woman......... She doesn't understand. :roll:
Yep, most wives pretty much in the dark when it comes to what we need for hunting and fishing. You need a good squirrel dog, BC. What's nice is you have room for one at your place.  O0

A good squirrel dog on your place would have all the dogs around there whupped into their proper place, too.  :wink: :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »
 :buck2
 THIS WEATHER BITES!!!!!

What it looked  getting our Christmas tree yesterday...

It was -20* all day it may warm up to -5 today.
It's been so cold I haven't taken in the Halloween stuff so I decided to keep them out, what do you think.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 10:37:58 AM »
It's been so cold I haven't taken in the Halloween stuff so I decided to keep them out, what do you think.

I like it! O0  He fits in pretty well.  You might as well just leave him up until next Halloween. ;D

I don't think I could live up there.  That's too freaking cold for me!  :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »
Nice pictures and funny ;D ;D pumpkin in Siberia, D45! Did you take those pictures last July?

Offline D45/70

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
Nice pictures and funny ;D ;D pumpkin in Siberia, D45! Did you take those pictures last July?
NO I took them in the summer! ;D
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »
Ice fishing equipment must sell really well where you live, D45! Here, ice fishing equipment sales carry the sporting goods stores during the off season in winter when hunting winds down.

You must have great ice fishing in MT, D45.  O0

Facebook Comments