October 22, 2017, 12:39:18 AM

Author Topic: Man, this weather bites!  (Read 5820 times)

Offline Nick_T

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Can I shoot one time?
Re: Man, this weather bites!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:20:47 AM »
The only one your going to see one with the weather like it has been is if you start burning den trees, Bo. That fun doesn't last long enough.  ;D

BTW, what the heck is this huge, bright orb thats suspended in the sky toward the east? Dang thing is hurting my eyes!

Found out that today is my kids last day of school, Christmas break, so in the morning I will have some help beating down the grey ninjas. Pics will follow of the carnage, hopefully it won't be me and my kid strung up by our feet with a dozen ninja stance posing squirrels.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
Just kill them before they get close, Nick! The dastardly creatures are known to mass and attack. The best way to avoid a mass attack is to be sure to snipe their forward scouts and keep the massed enemy in confusion and without intel as to your whereabouts, as you already well know and practice.  :twisted:

If you capture any wounded, always torture for info and then execute.  :twisted: :buck2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
I don't listen to much of this conspiracy sh**, because 99% of the time it falls apart after just a cursory examination.

BUT...

I remember for a fact that it was wayyyy colder during November and December in Georgia back in the 70's and 80's.

Even some Septembers and Octobers had temperatures into the low 50's and mid 40's.

There were many days I hunted in middle and south Georgia when the temperature was below 32 degrees. I'd have to have my long johns and my one piece insulated suit on.

I'd also have my electric socks and my trusty Jon-E handwarmer.

Later I bought some of those boot blankets to go over my L.L. Bean's and loved em!!

I wore my long johns one time this year and felt hotter than he!!.

I haven't worn cold weather boots in this state since around 1996 or 1997.

I'm not saying there is global warming, but I was told as I get older I'm supposed to feel the cold more. Well...I'm older, but I ain't feeling it.

This year we DID have some serious rain and some serious wind when I went a few times but that was about it!!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
Cold is OK, super cold weather makes for miserable and dangerous hunting. We see both here in Iowa.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:32 AM »
I remember for a fact that it was wayyyy colder during November and December in Georgia back in the 70's and 80's.

Yeah, and you had to walk to school through 3 feet of snow, up hill both ways...........  :roll: :roll: :roll:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »
You left out 5 miles BC and it was 1770-80! :-P :shock: ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
Yeah, and you had to walk to school through 3 feet of snow, up hill both ways...........  :roll: :roll: :roll:

YEA!!! And after all that snow, you STILL never made me an F'n snowman!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 10:13:34 AM »

I have to agree, last year I was putting together outdoor Christmas presents in shorts and t-shirt, but this year we've seen more cold (relative), wet weather than we've had in quite some time. Yesterday endedup being a wash, not due to rain, but nothing was moving, saw 5 squirrels between me nad the boy and none offered a shot. Good to be out there though, but it we were hunting for food we'd ate chimpmunk and a couple of crows that I could have shot.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
Bummer, Nick!  :sad: It's snowing here.  :tickedoff

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
It's been raining all day and the temps about 36.

I'm not leaving the office, I don't care if Al Qaeda attacks. The one thing you never do is drive in this town on a Friday after 4pm and if it's raining you don't drive at all on friday.

It's like "Death Race 2000" out there.

Im going to sit here and do paper work.....

As soon as I can find some paper.

They're predicting a wintery mix for next Wednesday, which means we'll either have a hurricane or a comet strike.

Facebook Comments