December 18, 2017, 09:52:25 AM

Author Topic: Tell's Us About YOUR Best Christmas?  (Read 275 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Tell's Us About YOUR Best Christmas?
« on: December 18, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »
Well ol' Saint Nick is on his way in a few more days and if we can keep Tnutz and BC from shooting all of Santa's reindeer, the good boy's and girl's should be getting presents and that leads up to my question?

Tell us about the BEST Christmas you ever had. It doesn't have to be because of the presents or gifts you got, but it does have to be the one that made you feel the best of the Christmas spirit.

I have two.

The first was when I was thirteen and my folks bought me my first deer rifle. It was Browning semi-auto Grade two in .308 Win. Prior to that I had hunted with borrowed weapons and this showed me that my folks actually trusted me enough to have a firearm. I still have it btw.

The second was when I got back from Lebanon in 1984 and surprised my folks by coming in unexpected on December 23. We had all the family there and it actaully snowed a little the day after Christmas and it was just the "feeling" of being home after going to war and seeing the things I'd seen, it just made the season that much more special.

OK, your turn.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Tell's Us About YOUR Best Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:45:48 PM »
My 2 best ones were when around '81 I believe.  Both my brother and I got shotguns for Christmas. O0  I remember taking that thing with me whenever we went over to someones house for about a week afterwards, showing it off.  Every time someone would get done handling it, I would wipe it down. ;D  I remember people telling me I was going to rub the blue off of it. ;D ;D

The other one was in 2001.  'The Boy' was a week old. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Tell's Us About YOUR Best Christmas?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »
I remember when I got a Daisy BB gun for Christmas and another Christmas when I got a fly tying kit.

Another Christmas, my brother and I both got ice skates. Dad had gone to the local hardware store and paid down on the two pair of skates, paid a dollar down on both pairs. My brother Charlie and I had to go find work for ourselves to pay off the skates before they were actually ours. Luckily for us, we received a lot of snow that winter and were happy to pay off the skates. At least we had something under the tree.Times were tough back then.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments