December 15, 2017, 06:17:08 PM

Author Topic: Moral Questions on Deer Hunting  (Read 3217 times)

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: Moral Questions on Deer Hunting
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »
Yeah when I hunt if it's brown it's down I don't like when people only take bucks because then everyone else has to get lucky to see a buck because they are all gone :tickedoff but I would rather them do that then what they did at a nice old mans house I went hunting at many times there was 8 does piled up with the backstraps cut out of them :tickedoff I want to see them in my woods :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :buck2 :twisted:
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
  Backstraps just cut out of em?? Thats terrible. :'( Backstraps not my favorite part anyway. They call it... the Tenderloin..........  :D
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
yeah if you're that worried about tagging your deer in at least cut all your meat up and get like 50+ pounds of meat at least wow I just realized 8 * 50 = 400 lbs right there I bet if however did that realized that they would call themselves stupid.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Silver Boar

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
I agree with everyone else's post and would like to point out also that most of the time people like to hunt the way their area permits. One of the things I have noticed about deer hunters is that folks tend to be split on how to do it, when the point should be to just do it and have fun.

I run feeders and sit in a blind and wait. You will see just as many things happen from a blnd as you will walking around. (IMO)

I have heard that folks from up north tend to stalk more, and don't use blinds. It is my understanding that in alot of places up north, it's ok during hunting season to just go out on some land, (be it public or private) and hunt. Well here in Texas, most of the land is personally owned and if folks catch you 1) On their land 2) hunting on their land 3) carrying a weapon on their land, someones probably gonna get shot.....

Also I hear that some folks up north don't think that hunting over a feeder is for deer is real 'hunting'. Yet when folks up north hunt bear...well out comes the barreal bait station loaded up with marshmallos, jello, and syrup.....What's the difference?......

Not saying here that any way is right or wrong, as long as you can make an ethical kill, do whatever you like. Just get in the woods, hunt, enjoy yourself, and pass on the tradition............but I digress....
Yrs.: 4 Hunts: 275 Hogs: 93 Ratio: 33.82%
Sniper Hog Lights Pro Staff
Boar Hunter Magazine

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »
Yeah a lot of people here think if you set out anything that deer eat it isn't real hunting I put corn and this buck jam and a salt block and havn't got one from it yet so...                                           

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
 That landowner issue is another biggie. I have to drive 100 miles just to hunt. I'm thinking of asking one of the landowners toward Boyd or Weatherford sometime...

I've always wanted to try a salt like or something similar BTH. More for hogs, though. Flipping hogs...
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
I put my salt block out over the summer and it is about half size maybe lil less but you can see all sorts of tracks in the snow where there lickin it.                                                                                           

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »
BTH, you just need to get a claymore from John. I'm sure he's got some of them lying around his installation. O0 Just set it up near the salt lick and next morning you would have a few gutted and partially cooked for you. O0 :evil:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »
what size scraper do you think I should use when I when I have to scrape all the meat off the trees :twisted:                                                      

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »
Considerin i just got back from draggin a young doe to the truck thru butthole deep snow that i shot in a corn field i wouldnt say up north we dont hunt over bait or stand hunt
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments