December 16, 2018, 09:12:02 PM

Author Topic: Top of my "want" list.......  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Bignasty

Re: Top of my "want" list.......
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
Dare I say it?

Do I mention the unmentionable?

What if that rifle came out chambered in.........

.17HMR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!! STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder if they make a .223 conversion kit for it  :uglystupid2

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
OMG YES!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 02:17:40 PM »
Dare I say it?

Do I mention the unmentionable?

What if that rifle came out chambered in.........

.17HMR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!! STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting! Magnum Research has discontinued their semi-auto HMRs. But I guess if I were in the market for a lazer squirrel killer, this would have to be my choice.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=MLR17M2H

But I'm still not 100% convience that a .17 is a must have in my arsonal.  :)

Nick T

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
Careful Nick, bad mouthing the 17 around these guys will gey ya' shot.....

With a....

17! :wink: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: ;D ;D ;D
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
Careful Nick, bad mouthing the 17 around these guys will gey ya' shot.....

With a....

17! :wink: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: ;D ;D ;D

Oh, I know. Kinda like some sort of cult following.

:twisted:

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »
Nah, they aren't for everyone.  I just like knowing that if I can see one, I can dust it. O0 :twisted:  I still have WAY more .22 LR's than I do .17's.

One of the reasons I got one is for down on the farm.  We've got a 5 acre lake down there.  There's several times that I've been on one end of the lake down by the cabin and saw something on down somewhere that 'just needed killin'. :wink:  If Bob was down there, I would grab his Kimber .22 mag.  He shot some kind of expensive German cartridges out of it that bumped the ballistics of that 40 grain bullet up almost to what the .17 HMR is.  If he or the Kimber wasn't down there, I grabbed my .17 HMR. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »
I think the .22 is a very under rated caliber, just a couple days ago I shot my .22 if you shake up a pop can and shoot it you would be suprised at the outcome :twisted:
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »
I think the .22 is a very under rated caliber, just a couple days ago I shot my .22 if you shake up a pop can and shoot it you would be suprised at the outcome :twisted:
Not really, but you might be surprised to see what little is left of that same full can if I would shoot it just one time with my .17.  :twisted: ;D Not dissing the .22's, but the .17 HMR blows full cans to Kingdom Come!  :twisted: :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
What the heck is a "pop" can? Someone was showing their yankee yesterday evening.

;D

A pellet rifle will make a shaken up Coke can look like it was hit with a deer rifle. Next thing we'll hear is that the Tim Tebow used a HMR to kill millions of rats bringing the black plegue back to the US.

:)

Nick T

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 11:11:52 AM »
What the heck is a "pop" can? Someone was showing their yankee yesterday evening.

Nick T
i'm from ohio here it is pop
 :)
Not really, but you might be surprised to see what little is left of that same full can if I would shoot it just one time with my .17.  :twisted: ;D Not dissing the .22's, but the .17 HMR blows full cans to Kingdom Come!  :twisted: :)

I agree the .17 is stronger but it would still SUCK to get shot with a .22 :buck2
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Facebook Comments