Author Topic: Tough hunt today  (Read 854 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Tough hunt today
« on: December 26, 2009, 03:15:35 PM »
But I had to get out of the house snow or no snow. I was actually hoping that the rain from Christmas eve night would have washed more of it away where we went this morning. I was wrong and we trudged through 7 inches of that crusty snow at the first place we went. We did manage to jump 2 but the dogs just could not get it right so we left to try another spot that should have melted more. The second spot had melted more and there was plenty of rabbit tracks but we only managed to jump one. It sat so tight that the dogs almost caught it when it busted out of the briars. Guess I will just have to save these 2 spots for when we thaw out!! ;D

Thad at the first spot.

Julie

Annie

Yep still some snow on the ground!! ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Tough hunt today
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:13:17 PM »
That sucks man.  I think I'm going to go sit in the shooting shack tomorrow and snipe a few squirrels. :wink:  Ain't got no snow to worry about though. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Tough hunt today
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:38:39 PM »
That sucks man.  I think I'm going to go sit in the shooting shack tomorrow and snipe a few squirrels. :wink:  Ain't got no snow to worry about though. ;D
Sure does suck!  :'(

You guys are lucky, BC! We received about 4 or 5 inches here and it's still snowing off and on. I fired up the snowblower today and cleared the walks, but it just lightened the load for tomorrow.

I expect to hear a good kill report tomorrow, fella.  :twisted: O0 The boy going along?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments