December 16, 2017, 03:44:36 PM

Author Topic: Any Iowa hunters here?  (Read 547 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Any Iowa hunters here?
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:48:23 AM »
I just returned from a week long trip to Iowa and was wondering if there were anyone who could help with the Non-resident rules for Deer hunting up there. The way I read it, I can hunt there if I am drawn, but I have to buy a small game tag and a any deer tag. If that is correct, then for me to kill a buck I will have to shell out $ 533.00 for a tag to kill 1 deer? I didn't hunt this last week but I would like to. Got the land thru family to hunt on but I am trying to figure out the rules for next year. I would love to go up and hunt but that is a TON of cash for 1 deer!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Any Iowa hunters here?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »
I just returned from a week long trip to Iowa and was wondering if there were anyone who could help with the Non-resident rules for Deer hunting up there. The way I read it, I can hunt there if I am drawn, but I have to buy a small game tag and a any deer tag. If that is correct, then for me to kill a buck I will have to shell out $ 533.00 for a tag to kill 1 deer? I didn't hunt this last week but I would like to. Got the land thru family to hunt on but I am trying to figure out the rules for next year. I would love to go up and hunt but that is a TON of cash for 1 deer!
Yes, it's very expensive non resident Iowa deer hunting! I believe you are pretty close to the mark on the money.  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 01:24:12 PM »
Thanks John! That is what I thought. I can get into a good club and hunt for 4 months for that kind of cash around here! I may not kill a monster as big as the ones I saw last week, but it sure won't cost a week's pay either. I saw that even the Residents have to buy a tag for every deer they kill. To kill as many deer as we are allowed here, a Resident would have to pay $ 135.00 in tags!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:35:34 AM »
Thanks John! That is what I thought. I can get into a good club and hunt for 4 months for that kind of cash around here! I may not kill a monster as big as the ones I saw last week, but it sure won't cost a week's pay either. I saw that even the Residents have to buy a tag for every deer they kill. To kill as many deer as we are allowed here, a Resident would have to pay $ 135.00 in tags!
  :shock: Dang! Yeah, it sure isn't cheap here anymore.  >:( With the genius we have running our state now, we are hoping ror a change. We got a "change", an Obama type "change" for last election here.  :tickedoff

We have lost a lot of revenue because of the license hikes.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments