November 19, 2017, 10:58:03 PM

Author Topic: New Years Eve Squirrels  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
New Years Eve Squirrels
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:32:42 PM »
Got up and drove down to the farm this morning for one last hunt for 2009.  It had been misting rain up here off and on through the night, and I figured it had done the same down there.  WRONG!  >:(  Evidently, they had actual rain last night.  :tickedoff

When I went Monday, I just about got the truck stuck in the a wet area by the barn.  Figured I better not go through there this morning.  :wink:  Drove around another way and started spinning (2WD) beside momma's house (ooppss!).  Put it in 4WD and got past there.  That was my first indication that they had had a little more than just misting rain.....  :roll:  Got about 3/4 up to the top of the dam of the lake behind the house and all 4 wheels were spinning.  Back back down the to the bottom of the dam and got a running shot at it.  Made it that time.  Made the turn at the top and started snaking through the woods.  Got about 1/2 way through this one path way around the side of the hill and came to a halt again, with all 4 wheels spinning. >:(  Back back down through that crap, with the truck slipping and sliding sideways.  Got a running shot at that hill and finally made it up through there, mud flying everywhere!  O0 :twisted:  Got up to the shooting shack, turn the truck around, drop my stuff off, and then pull the truck back down the hill a little out of sight.

So now I'm sitting in the shack, it's still drizzling rain, and the temps are in the mid 30's.  Talk about a sucky morning! >:(  The only saving graces were that I was in the shooting shack where it was dry, and I had a good little propane heater in there with me. O0 ;D ;D

As for the squirrels..........  :roll: ............  I only had 3 come in to the feeder, but those 3 are quartered in the fridge right now. O0  It wasn't the best morning to be out, but at least I got out of the house for a little while, got to hear the roar of the mighty Marlin 17VS, and got enough squirrels to make the skillet stink. O0

Probably a good thing that I did get those squirrels too.  I doubt they would have made it through winter.  They were so freaking FAT from eating all of the corn up there that they probably would have died of heart attacks!  ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: New Years Eve Squirrels
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »
 O0 :) NICE GOING, BC! AWESOME! Considering all the challenges, you did really good! And we have to take into account you was handicapped with a Marlin rifle, too.  :wink: :roll: ;D

You enjoyed one of those "gentleman hunts", heated hunting shack, etc.  O0  :) Did your butler and maid attend, or did you give them the day off?  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
O0 :) NICE GOING, BC! AWESOME! Considering all the challenges, you did really good! And we have to take into account you was handicapped with a Marlin rifle, too.  :wink: :roll: ;D

You enjoyed one of those "gentleman hunts", heated hunting shack, etc.  O0  :) Did your butler and maid attend, or did you give them the day off?  :wink:

I was able to get the squirrels BECAUSE I had the Marlin. O0  If it had been a Savage, I'd have been better off shooting the things with the shotgun. :roll:

Gentleman's hunt, huh?  Momma didn't raise no dummy.  Figured I might as well make the best of the situation. :wink:  At least some of us are still out hunting instead of staying shacked up in the house. :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
he wasn't handicapped with a marlin he was gifted with the marlin nice goin BC O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
For some reason I can see the cold in that picture. Looks like a good hunt!

Nick T

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »
looks wet out in the pic
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »
he wasn't handicapped with a marlin he was gifted with the marlin nice goin BC O0
That's your opinion.   :knuppel2 :roll: :wink: ;D Hey, it's COLD OUTSIDE, BC!  :shock: :roll: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »
BC you're such a redneck
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 04:56:58 PM »
BC you're such a redneck

And your point would be??  ???

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 10:13:31 PM »
REAL MEN DON'T NEED A TRUCK!!!

You should have gone out there on foot, used your Ka-Bar and got them squirrel's the way it was meant to be....

Mano a Mano!!! :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :knuppel2 :buck2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments