November 20, 2017, 09:37:14 PM

Author Topic: '09 - '10 ice fishing thread  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
'09 - '10 ice fishing thread
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:24:38 AM »
thought I might just start this thread to talk ice fishing.... since I'm one of the very few  :idiot2 crazy enough to stand out on a block of ice for hours staring down an 8'' hole..... 8)

first fish on my homemade tipdowns... 4'' of black ice, that was my first trip out

a pic of my tip- down... I put a screw in the end of the dowel and clip bells on so It gives me an audible (in case I'm having frosty bevereges, and not paying attention)

only kept 3 that day 8''- 91/2''........ I dont keep perch unless they are 8''

first Northern for the season...

went out New Years day, only caught 1 keeper, but I'm sure well find a mess of em this weekend...

your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: '09 - '10 ice fishing thread
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:13:09 AM »
.... since I'm one of the very few  :idiot2 crazy enough to stand out on a block of ice for hours staring down an 8'' hole..... 8)

Nutz does that, but not on the block of ice.  :roll:  ;D

Good looking fish Meat. O0  Too freaking cold for me though. :idiot2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »
Perch have got to be some of the best eatting fish around. They're not very plentiful down here though!

Nice Haul! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:57:05 PM »
Has been awhile since I posted last..., but havent caught many perch.... I think it has something to do with the toothys..... :knuppel2

37 1/2'' .... caught her while perch fishing on 10lb test... :shock:

she had 7'' bluegill in her plus 3 other digested fish....

this past Sunday, we decided to target northerns ... released a 22''er, & my cousin kept this 33''er.............. O0

I'll leave you with a sunrise from a very cold morning.... it was 0 deg. and calm...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:59:48 PM by Meat Hunter #737 »
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock: Too cold for me, unless you fellas have a heated shack!

You fellas are doing good!  O0 O0 O0 Yellow perch and northerns are great eating.  O0

I used to catch them in Michigan and North Dakota.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:55 PM »
:shock: :shock: :shock: Too cold for me, unless you fellas have a heated shack!

I concur with the delegate from Iowa.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
I concur with the delegate from Kentucky! O0 O0 O0

Nice fish!

Maybe someday I'll catch a pike.....A muskie would be nice too.

But I doubt it!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 05:15:29 AM »
going out to target Northerns again this morning.... damn thing is, I woke up around 4am like it was Christmas morning/ deer opener....you get the idea....but if I wasnt meeting up with someone I woulda been gone before now... well still be out on the ice a half hour before sunrise.... hope to post pics later... :knuppel2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »
Now THIS is my kinda' ice fishing!  O0  :twisted:

Bikini Icefishing

Be sure and click on the Next button near the top right of the picture.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
nice...wish I was there.... :twisted: 8)
but instead I landed 1 for 2 on the pike today.... fished 7:30-11:30.... :-\ but it was still better than sitting on the couch all day....

Facebook Comments