October 17, 2017, 05:42:39 AM

Author Topic: Roast Duckling  (Read 1126 times)

april

Roast Duckling
« on: October 24, 2003, 12:38:36 PM »
Hello!  Welcome to "Cookin with Likker!"  For today's recipe you need...

1 five-lb duckling
salt & pepper (to taste)
lemon juice
celery leaves
1 onion, sliced
1 & 1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp honey (optional)

You wanna wash the duckling thoroughly, inside and out with cold water, dry it and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Now, rub the cavity (the gaping hole) with lemon juice and insert a few celery leaves and the onion.  Prick the skin.  Place the duckling breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan and cook in a moderately slow pre-heated oven (325 degrees F.) for 1/2 hour. (I could'a just said...30 minutes...)

After the time has elasped...drain the fat from the pan, add 1 & 1/2 cups of wine and continue to roast, basting often, until it is tender.  Allow about 30 minutes cooking time per pound.

If a very crisp skin is desired, brush the duck with honey 15 minutes before taking it from the oven, and do not baste again.

There ya go!

Offline catfishsr

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Roast Duckling
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 09:38:06 PM »
:D april  :D  

i think i need to make road trip to bama after i shoot some ducks :D .
  recipe sounds great . i got spoiled when young . used to live in place where evrey one cooked and they would always share  :D there recipes .and food acourse we would share back and still do
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

april

Roast Duckling
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 12:14:28 AM »
Well...come on over!  :wink:  Yep..I'm from the same kinda place....and raised up ol timey southernly :roll:  :wink: ...so, I do a lot of cookin and recipe swappin.  So..if you keep postin them yummy recipes of yours...I'll dig up some ol time ones to put up on here too. :wink:

Facebook Comments