Author Topic: Why hunting numbers are up  (Read 574 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Why hunting numbers are up
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:33:36 AM »
Why hunting numbers are up

If there is a bright side to the economic downturn over the past year, it is the fact that participation in hunting and fishing actually has increased. According to several recent leading outdoor research firms, these increases actually may be the result of the economic downturn.

Read About It: The New York Post

Posted: 1/4/2010 9:23:24 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Why hunting numbers are up
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
The numbers are up in Georgia too, despite an annual decrease over the past 12 years here.

It's still low on a per capita basis, compared to the population. I hope it stays up there too.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:36:26 PM »
Bad part is, that as food gets more expensive, poaching will in turn become a bigger issue. Now, poaching will deplete the good conservational efforts that come from responsible hunters.   I just hope it doesnt get bad enough that new limits start severely decreasing the amount of game legal legit hunters can take.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:28:07 AM »
When people have to poach to eat, I hope they are not wasting or over harvesting certain game that's perhaps endangered or protected for good conservation reasons. I don't think we see much or any real drop in the numbers of available game due to poachers, if the game is taken for food.

Trophy poachers that are in it for the income are a main cause of certain game population drops. I deal with them on occasions.  :knuppel2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments