September 19, 2018, 07:10:27 PM

Author Topic: Dead Rabbit Society  (Read 3072 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: Dead Rabbit Society
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »
Don't think Ellwood and I will be hunting this Saturday, more snow hitting here now with highs SAt. in the mid 20's with 15 to 25 mph winds making the wind chill for Sat. in the single digits. I think I will just wait till Monday when it is supposed to be 45 degrees. O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 06:02:19 PM »
It's coming down pretty good here now.

It's affecting my memory. I just had two people ask for directions to a hotel and I sent them to the wrong one, guess I'll be getting another complaint tonight!!!!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »
We have a weather advisory from 6 AM today until 10 AM tomarow 4-6 extra inches of snow                             
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »
I actually just slid past the entrance to our parking lot in my patrol car!!! ;D Lt. has called and said go to the house, just hope I can make it up my driveway. I really don't want to walk that far in all my gear.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »
It's affecting my memory. I just had two people ask for directions to a hotel and I sent them to the wrong one, guess I'll be getting another complaint tonight!!!!!

We used to do that with Freshman in college.  They'd ask where something was and we'd send them over to the law enforcement complex over on the other side of the bypass. ;D

I actually just slid past the entrance to our parking lot in my patrol car!!! ;D Lt. has called and said go to the house, just hope I can make it up my driveway. I really don't want to walk that far in all my gear.

Ned

Figured they would spring for you guys to have 4WD vehicles since you're up there in the mountains. ???  As for walking, you've got kids don't you?  Why aren't they out shoveling your driveway?  :roll: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 10:53:44 AM »
It's been hell week at work because of the cold and snow, blizzard conditions.

We bucked 3 and 4 foot drifts in the blizzard last night while on patrol. With ice and packed snow under the new stuff, it was hard going for 10 hours. With -35F windchill, it's tough going in this weather.

We have only 1 4WD at work and another fella drove it last night.

I was driving a 2WD pickup with only 2 sandbags in the truck bed, but got around pretty good because the new snow is a "dry" snow, too cold to be real slippery.

I cleared our walks and driveway yesterday morning and all that work quickly disappeared.  :tickedoff  You can guess what I'm going to have to do this morning before I get into the shop.  :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

I'm glad today is the first day of my usual 3 day weekend.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »
I know this is WAY OFF TOPIC, but BC reminded me of it.....

When I was in college...

We'd sneak onto the roof of the freshman dorm after consuming much alcohol and puke on the frosh as they came in through the only door.

I know this has....

Nothing at all to do with rabbit's but I'm an old senile fart so cut me some slack.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »
When I was younger, I had a pick up that we used for hunten the fields. We would ride on the hood a jump up rabbits and quail all the time. O0 But now they have fenced off and sold off all that good hunten lands it just isnt fun any more! :sad:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 09:54:11 AM »
When I was younger, I had a pick up that we used for hunten the fields. We would ride on the hood a jump up rabbits and quail all the time. O0 But now they have fenced off and sold off all that good hunten lands it just isnt fun any more! :sad:
Yeah, those were good old days! I remember doing that in Alaska, too. We hunted rabbits and birds with slingshots, with guys on the front fenders thumping snowshoe hares and ptarmigan along the roads. We rotated, each guy taking his turn driving.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments