December 14, 2017, 01:07:01 AM

Author Topic: Turkey?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Lopalong

• Applied for my club membership...
Turkey?
« on: November 24, 2004, 05:55:17 AM »
Are any of ya'll serious turkey hunters?  I saw a tom yesterday from my deer stand thats beard was about one inch off the ground and he was strutting around another lesser tom.  Have seen tons this deer season establishing thier pecking order.  Seeing the big tom made me wish it was turkey season.  8)
Sometimes I wake up grumpy, sometimes I let her sleep in.

Offline PsYcHo

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Turkey?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 08:23:56 AM »
I saw some the other day......walking down the street.  There must have been 20 total.   See them in the same place all the time.  I guess they are "urban" birds seeing that I live in Staten Island NY.......there is also a few in battery park in Manhatten!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Turkey?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 02:10:30 AM »
I see a lot of them at work, but not many lately. Last year I walked right up on two that were locked together and rolling around in the mud. They were establishing their sibling pecking order. I walked clear across a picked beanfield and right up to them. Funny thing was, there was a third one standing right by them, watching them go at it, and he didn't even notice me, either. The bystander turned around and saw me, and then trotted off into the woods. The two wrestling dummies finally noticed me standing there, broke apart, and trotted off. I could have kicked all three of them, they were so close (and dumb).
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

Turkey?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 08:51:32 PM »
:lol: We see more and more up here in MT but they are still new to us. We do have lot's of them in spots but they are getting more general all the time. We all(seven of us) got a tom this year some in the spring and some in the fall. We think we have a better idea of what we are doing and it's "FUN". :!:
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Turkey?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 08:43:03 PM »
I haven't seen any deer hunting this year, but then again, I haven't hunted much.  I've seen a few squirrel hunting.  Usually, I see quite a few during Dec-Jan while squirrel hunting.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline PsYcHo

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Turkey?
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 09:49:32 AM »
We have a ground blind set up that over looks a powerline cut.  I was sitting there one morning looking for deer and a whole flock of turkeys came walking right past.  All within 20 feet from me.  I guess the blind is set up right because they did not even see me.   I should have taken one!

Facebook Comments