November 13, 2018, 09:30:21 PM

Author Topic: Braved the cold today!!!!  (Read 2699 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Braved the cold today!!!!
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »
Ole Ellwood, Thad and I went for a chilly hunt today. We waited till noon so it would at least be as warm as it could be. We killed 4 and probably ran that many more that gave us the slip. Ellwood brought along his Christmas present, Super Comanche .410 pistol, for its inaugural hunt. He even managed to kill one with it!!! O0 Thad shot at a coyote that tried slipping out of the thicket we were in but only made it run faster. Dogs ran better than I expected and ended the day pretty tired. I can't wait till it warms up some on Monday to try them bunnies again.

Tailgate total:

Some views:

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: Braved the cold today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:09:19 PM »
Nice that looks like some pretty good bunny killin land O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »
Way to wack em BS! O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
Hey, you fellas and the dogs done good, Ned! Pretty fancy dog box there, too.  O0
How cold was it?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »
JA, the thermometer in the truck said 21 when we got there. The wind was blowing some so who knows what the wind chill was. The forecast was for it to feel around 12 so I am guessing we were hunting in temps in the teens.

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »
JA, the thermometer in the truck said 21 when we got there. The wind was blowing some so who knows what the wind chill was. The forecast was for it to feel around 12 so I am guessing we were hunting in temps in the teens.

Ned

Man, more power to ya'!  :shock:  My truck didn't move over the weekend, and I stayed in sweat pants & sweat shirts all weekend in the house! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »
Way to go!!! O0 O0

Looking Sweet!!! O0 O0

When BC and Tnutz and I come hunt with you next year, Tnutz and BC can carry me on their shoulders up to the top of that biggest mountain in your photo.
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:05:19 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:51:56 PM »
You guys come on, I got better places than that for them to carry you Bo, problem is you might not make it back down with or without there help! ;D

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 08:10:39 AM »
I used to rabbit hunt years ago when we actually had lots of rabbits around here. Anyone with even nominal skill could easily get their limit of 10 rabbits during about any given morning.

Rabbits have been really scarce in this area for years. There are too many rabbit killing varmints now, many of them protected by law.  :sad: I shot only one rabbit last year, was while squirrel hunting. That's the only rabbit I took a shot at.

I jumped the rabbit on the way back to my truck. The bunny ran about 80 or 100 yards and then stopped in some brush. The .17 HMR 17gr VMax entered the rabbit's eye and dang near took his entire head off. He wasn't hidden as well as he thought he was.  :twisted: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
Way to go!!! O0 O0

Looking Sweet!!! O0 O0

When BC and Tnutz and I come hunt with you next year, Tnutz and BC can carry me on their shoulders up to the top of that biggest mountain in your photo.
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Carry you nothing!  We'll tie a rope onto you and drag you up. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments